Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
I'm looking forward to the finished product. You have much more patience than I, I would have reverted to the power tools (before I cut my finger off).

Reactions: CB236 and Armijager

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking forward to the finished product. You have much more patience than I, I would have reverted to the power tools (before I cut my finger off).
That's funny. Yeah power tools would shred this into sawdust. This is some old bamboo from out back. Very soft and easy to work with. It's so soft, you have to be very careful and it slivers so easily.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Very cool.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Interested in seeing pics of the Kershaw.
A Cryo showed up in my mailbox last week and taught me that I don't care at all for assisted gimmicks. I probably would've been happier with the much cheaper Chill.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interested in seeing pics of the Kershaw.
A Cryo showed up in my mailbox last week and taught me that I don't care at all for assisted gimmicks. I probably would've been happier with the much cheaper Chill.
The Kershaw Black Gulch is a standard lockback, Not spring assisted. I can get the blade out quicker than assisted or even full auto.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great job so far. I can't wait to see them on the pistol!
Thanks, I'll post pics if I ever finish carving. Problem with bamboo is it doesn't take stain very well so they will look like the picture but shiney

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I betcha $25 bucks you cant make a set for a M66 revolver. :) Teasing, but that is amazing. I wish I had the skills, I MIGHT try it with a dremell tool.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I betcha $25 bucks you cant make a set for a M66 revolver. :) Teasing, but that is amazing. I wish I had the skills, I MIGHT try it with a dremell tool.
Yeah, if I had a dremel I would be done 😊

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not as amazing as you might think. I'm NOT good at this stuff. Fortunately, bamboo already has the curve and pretty much contoured the way it should be.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Looking good! :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts