·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or is that TCP738...

...as you guys may know, I am a huge fan of the Taurus Pistols,

PT1911 Duo Tone

PT709 Slim S/S

Now I want something that will fit into my front pocket. I will stick with a S/S version, seen a white framed S/S version that has caught my eye!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
I picked up one of the mouse guns on Monday. I have been carrying ever since. Mine is the "blued" slide but it was only $185.00, a deal I could not pass up and even this wife agreed. Of course I bought it before asking...LOL. We usually ask each other before making any purchase over $100.00. It was bought with her in mind and I carry until I can get my hands on a S&W M&P Shield in the .40cal flavor. I am sure the longer I carry this little pocket pistol I may like it so much I may buy another since they are so small and EASILY concealable. Found some ammo and this weekend the wife and I will go and range test it. Should be fun.

PS.....I also bought a BLACKHAWK #3 pocket holster and love it. Fits perfect in the back or front pocket.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Really close to pulling the trigger on one myself. Will have to throw it at an attacker until I can find ammo, though.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Really close to pulling the trigger on one myself. Will have to throw it at an attacker until I can find ammo, though.
Just remember to tie a string on it so that you can reel it back in for a follow up throw! :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just remember to tie a string on it so that you can reel it back in for a follow up throw! :D
Ironically, I even throw the TCP low and left.

Reactions: HD-Mike

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Congrats on the new firearm. It is the TCP738 and they are fine pistols. I have one in the blue finish and it is the back-up gun (BUG) for the PT709 that I carry. You can stick the TCP in a Blackhawk #03 holster and carry it in the front or back pocket as mentioned. I like the back pocket myself. Give it a good cleaning inside and out and lube it up before you take it to the range to shoot it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I agree with others....clean and lube up the gun as soon as you get it home. Amazing the crud that is removed from the factory.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I have a SS TCP on layaway with my LGS and can't wait to pick it up. I was wondering, those of you who carry it in the back pocket, how comfortable is that? It would seem to me that sitting on that little gun wouldn't be comfortable.

I don't know what's different around here (Southern WV), but my LGS has lots of 380 ammo, and a decent supply of .40, no 9mm though. Oh well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought a blued one for $192 about a year ago. It is my BUG and my always with me gun. (I keep it in a place of concealment that is so good it might even get past TSA, although I have zero inclination to try that. Just sayin...) Often times it is my only weapon as I mosy around my sleepy little home town. I carry it and two extra mags in my secret hiding place that is with me every step I take, so that is 19 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense at the ready.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Add me to the list of proud TCP owners. Bought the pistol from one LGS, found a 2nd mag and some 90-grain Hydra-shok in .380 ACP in another. Looks like I won't have to throw it at people after all.

Maybe our long national nightmare of no ammo and mags is nearing an end. I hope so, would love to find some FMJ to break this thing in with after degunkifying it.

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
I'd be most happy to oblige...:)
Share pictures of your firearms, I am amazed that you would. Notorious for being so shy, you are. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts