Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I might be getting a PT92. The Guy that owns the LGS is taking one in on trade. Told him to hold it out for me. He told me it was an old one in good shape. Don't know much else yet. But if it gets taped in I am going to pick it up. AND I KNOW. IT DON'T HAPPEN WITHOUT PICTURES. Railroad been keeping me busy and ain't posted in a while. SO WHAT'S UP EVERYONE.

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I like the older ones, they have a bit of a different feel than the new ones. Don't know what that is exactly, just different.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I like the older ones too.. the newer ones feel lighter... and.. well... I'm not sure what else, but my 1992 pt92 is my go to gun... I love that thing. I polished the feed ramp myself.. I'm thinking of looking for a skelotonized hammer.

Attachments

Reactions: Pitbull1022

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I bought one PT92 new, and one PT92 lightly-used, and they've both performed flawlessly and are much more accurate than I am, for sure. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other thing he said was. ( REAL CHEAP) So like I said. I told him not to even put it out.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
The last time a guy offered me a "Real Cheap" gun, it had the serial numbers ground off. Needless to say, I refused. I believe he is still in jail for dealing in stolen merchandise.
Anyhow, I love to shoot my PT92 and my PT100 even more.

PT 92 AFS.JPG 92
PT100 SS.JPG 100

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Hope it works out for you I have an older (1990) PT99 and it has been my favorite gun so far.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
I also like the older ones, if I could find a PT-92 with the Euro Mag release I would probably grab it. It would go good with my old PT-99. :)

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
You're not going to like the PT-92. You'll love it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi
Make sure it is in good working order. Other than that buy it. My PT92 has a few thousand rounds through it. i shoot frequently and have a modest selction of firearms, 10 guns different calibers and types, revolvers, semi autos. Lately I find that I am taking my PT92 and XDm 3.8 to the range with me most of the time. the 92 is a BIG gun, and I find it to be very accurate due to that. I do have 4 of the striker fired "plastic" guns which are excellent including the 24/7 Pro 45ACP, and the above mentioned XDm. these are great guns, but the 5" barrel, classic old school styling of the 92, is very appealing and it shoots great. There is a lot to be said for an all steel gun in a proven caliber that has been utilized in many different places for a lot of years.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I love mine call her Special Favorite. I hope you enjoy yours as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts