Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gettin' Old Is Hell

Several days ago as I left a meeting at our church, I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down. I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.

Suddenly I realized, I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My wife, Diane, has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place so as to not to lose them. Her theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the doors of the church, I came to a terrifying conclusion. Her theory was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately call the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.
Then I made the most difficult call of all, Honey, I stammered.
I always call her honey in times like these. I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen."

There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard Diane’s voice.
Ken she barked, I dropped you off!
Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, Well, come and get me.

Diane retorted, I will, as soon as I can convince this policeman that I didn't steal this car!"

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.. And how old are you, Phantom?????
Whodog, I am not yet that old and would certainly remember if my wife will drop me off since she does not drive...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Phantom....:D....My keys and I are constantly arguing about where we are at...Now I will have to clean the coffee off my keyboard cause of you...:)

·
Super Moderator
35,741 Posts
Whodog, I am not yet that old and would certainly remember if my wife will drop me off since she does not drive...
That WOULD be a ride to remember! :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last 2012, I posted this because I though it was funny, when my friend lost his car in a parking lot and he has the key with him and we have to help him look for it for couple of hours only to be told that the car was in his garage and he took a taxi to the mall for a cup of coffee with his friends (meaning us!), I really think with real emotion that getting old is really hell!

·
Registered
778 Posts
I saw this was in the funny farm section, so I did not think it was a real situation. But, I can sure understand how that could happen for sure. I have a very good friend who is only 73 and has difficulty with remembering where he has put things. It is so bad, if he is watching a movie on TV and there are long commercial breaks, he forgets what the show is. Yep, he is in the early stages of alzheimers; if he needs to leave his home, someone has to go with him. It is very sad to see this happening to one of your sidekicks.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
And when they got home.... Fight started.jpeg

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
You just wait sonny till you get to be my age an see how funny that is.... :D
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
old people 2.gif

·
Registered
17,112 Posts
When I was younger, I thought that growing old would take a lot longer.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
That was a funny story! It reminds me of the time my Music Appreciation professor who lived on
the university campus I attended drove his wife to the campus post office to check the mail. He
walked out of the post office and kept going until he reached the next class he had to teach leaving
his wife and the car behind. We all have moments where we forget what we are doing; it is just a
part of life.

·
Super Moderator
17,636 Posts
"Retirement"

Definition: That period in your life when you spend half your time looking for things you had fifteen minutes ago.

Me? I'd like to find my 9mm Luger shell holder, and where did I put that 9mm Makarov brass?

·
Registered
24,546 Posts
Getting old is, truly, not for the faint of heart.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts