Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beer keg ran dry Sunday. Usually run Michelob Amberbock.

Went this morning to replace it:

No Amberbock; No Killian's. Okay, how about the more expensive beers? No Dos Equis Amber; No Kilt Lifter.

What exactly do you have?

Bud light; Coors light; Miller light; Some of those mentioned that aren't light..

No thanks.

He said he'll have more kegs on Friday, and will save one for me. We'll see how that flies. Especially 2 days before the game.

I might not want to even go there, and put up with the out of towners.

Very bad timing for my keg this time:(

·
22,321 Posts
I've found Shiner (which I like quite a bit) in NM, CO, and I think I remember seeing it on the east coast too.

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Now we have beer shortages? Who woulda thunk it.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Save yourself the hassle in the future and start brewing your own. I do and have a two tap keezer (large chest freezer I converted to a keggerator) out in the garage. I brew 10 gallons at a time and it saves me money in the long run.
if you're just into yellow fizzy beer then brewing your own is more expensive...

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Can not help.as I do not drink. Good luck finding your brew

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Maybe you should take a scenic drive to Flagstaff with the wife and get your keg there. Just an idea! ;)

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Just get a horse and give it a lot of water to drink and it won't take long before you will have a barrel full!:icon_ poke::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Reactions: jeeper1

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
That's the downside of hosting a major event. Everything from beer-of-choice to lodging to dinner reservations to seats at the "adult bar" will be in short supply until the circus leaves town.

Hunker down with the best alternative and wait it out. Myself, a couple of the most enjoyable afternoons of the year are when I'm grilling a steak and drinking wine on my deck as the "Festival Goers" limp up the hill to their vehicles and head home. I'd love to shout, "I'm already home!", but I restrain myself....

Reactions: rodfair

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
I have found that the shooting range is often deserted during the Super Bowl.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Shiner Bock is pretty easy to get outside of Texas. Ziegen Bock is a different story.

Reactions: john_bud

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Ahh Ziegen Bock, another great beer.

Also, Stone makes good stuff. I like Arrogant Bastard and Sublimely Self Righteous.
img_13304_ziegen-bock-amber-292x242.jpg
shiner_bock.cgudokv4ovkswsc0cko8o4cw0.6ylu316ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg
stone-arrogant-bastard-ale.jpg
stone-sublimey-self-righteous.jpg

Look at that. Minimum light allowed through that brewed goodness. Screw light beer, This is the good stuff.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have a Mr. Beer kit and brew my own a dark brown sugar/honey ale. Next is Octoberfest dark.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts