Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Georgia Arms

2145 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  olfarhors
Georgia Arms got brought up in another thread, I did not want to HI-Jack it. I went to their website and found this message:

Ammunition and Reloading Headquarters
Welcome to the Georgia Arms Web site. This site is designed to provide useful information about our company and to provide a useful and convenient resource for your ammunition and reloading needs!
DUE TO COMPONENT SHORTAGEORDERS WILL SHIP AS SOONAS AMMUNITION IS AVAILABLE!

ALSO WE ARE OUT OF STOCK ON ALL INVENTORY.

Special attention Chantilly VA gun show customers
:
Due to extremely high demands and component shortages we will be unable to make the upcoming show on December 27-29. We are very sorry and look forward to seeing you at the next scheduled show.

Bummer :(

Georgia Arms
Reactions: 2
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Georgia Arms got brought up in another thread, I did not want to HI-Jack it. I went to their website and found this message:

Bummer :(

Georgia Arms
Yeah, I checked 'em out earlier when it came up. Good folks. Ammo does appear. I was able to steer a guy (on another forum) to Lucky Gunner. He needed 1,000 rounds of 40 or 357 Sig for a shooting portion of his Police Academy training. Was it TA where the 318 cases of 7.62x39 was on (crap forgot website) the web - gone by morning. It's ammo wack-a-mole, pops up then it's gone.
Reactions: 1
Apparently I was lucky ordering some 124gr. 9mm, FMJ from Everglades last week. They are now out of stock on everything 9mm. I'm on their list to "notify" when they get .223 projectiles in, hopefully I have some money then!
I've bought ammo from Georgia Arms before. It was good ammo. I had the same problem four years a ago that y'all are having now. Obama scared all the gun buyers into buying and hoarding and every ammo manufacturer out there wound up with out inventory. I placed an order with Georgia Arms for a couple thousand rounds on .45acp and it got back ordered. I never did receive it, but then they didn't charge my credit card either. I eventually bought it from Collins instead.
That's amazing that they are out of everything.
I suspect they hold back for some of the Gun Shows. The Miami Show for example has a 3-5 year vendor wait list. Don't think they would want to loose their spot there.
I suspect they hold back for some of the Gun Shows. The Miami Show for example has a 3-5 year vendor wait list. Don't think they would want to loose their spot there.
Their gun show schedule STOPS at December 29/30 2112 in Columbus GA. They skipped a show before that - this is posted:

Special attention Chantilly VA gun show customers: Due to extremely high demands and component shortages we will be unable to make the show on December 27-29. We are very sorry and look forward to seeing you at the next scheduled show.
I was going to say they may be out but they aren't stupid. Out may mean OUT!! SHITE.
Well we have 2 fairly large reloaders in my area, Georgia Arms and Atlanta arms and ammo, georgia arms ammo that i have shot seems very good quality, but most of the ranges (at least in my immediate area) sale Atlanta arms ammo.
the atlanta arms is almost exclusively target type ammo , althoguh they do load a little self defense stuff it seems.
Now i don't use either anymore as I reload my own.
Atlanta arms only sales to commercial dealers to my knowledge, you do se ethe ammo at gun shows though!
But the ranges seem to be loaded up with atlanta arms ammo, i don't know how much they are selling but its got to be a lot!
they of course buy brass from ranges to recylce maybe thats why they are keeping the ship headed into the wind?
Its crazy wild out there!
I went to ammunition to go website a few days ago just checking things out!
they have the usual overloaded orders statement, but they say IF you have placed an order that they do have it in stock and it will be coming, just not soon!
The neat thing about their site is that it has real time inventory listing, so if you see it and order it then it yours!
they had a note posted stating that the wait to fill an order was between 21- 28 days!
I've used Atlanta Arms and Ammo that I've picked up at the range and it works well.
Yeah, I checked 'em out earlier when it came up. Good folks. Ammo does appear. I was able to steer a guy (on another forum) to Lucky Gunner. He needed 1,000 rounds of 40 or 357 Sig for a shooting portion of his Police Academy training. Was it TA where the 318 cases of 7.62x39 was on (crap forgot website) the web - gone by morning. It's ammo wack-a-mole, pops up then it's gone.
I think you're referring to SGAmmo.com. I ordered one of those cases of 7.62 x 39 for my boss, who has assigned me the duty of locating ammunition for him...:)

SGAmmo must be getting caught up though, I ordered it 1/7, it shipped the next day and is due to arrive today.
I've used Atlanta Arms and Ammo that I've picked up at the range and it works well.
All and all considering probally the thousands of rounds of Atlanta arms that i have shot over the years its pretty good stuff, I have found a few split cases at the front rim here and there however.
The range/gun shop that i frequent sells the stuff by the truck load and not to many complaints are heard other than being dirty!
i am still looking for that elusive "CLEAN" burning powder myself!
MY patches keep coming out black regardless of what i use!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.