Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 24/7 Pro DS in 40 S&W. I am looking at purchasing the new Gen 2 24/7.
I've checked them out and like what I've seen. Anyone have experience with them
or any opinions to offer on the Gen 2, I would be interested.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome from Seattle. Look in the 24/7 section of this forum and you'll find more information and some photos. I own the g2 in 9 I love it so far 400+ thrown down in ot and all various loads and no issues what so ever. I also ccw this pistol very fun pistol. But its your choice, do your homework, as I'm one of few that has this pistol and I swear by it. And others Will chime in, but come visit us in the 24/7 section to hopefully put u in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
G2 40 love it on my side every day. about 2200 rounds only had a couple FTE in the first couple hundred.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I think I may have already posted a link for you on another thread about my experience with my G2C45. If not, just scroll down the list in the 24/7 section to the thread about "trigger reset to DA". That being said, I think I just have a 'bad' one, as one member said it's "possessed", but I'm still anxious to have Taurus replace it as I see a lot of good in the model. Regardless of caliber, I think they all share the same basics, and there have been more positive than negative comments posted. Depending on your intended use, you should be well served. I have the compact with the Theis IWB holster, and intended to use as EDC, but can't do so until the trigger issue is resolved. I looked at the size, capacity, and ergonomics (full ambi controls), and the price is still good though going up. Good luck with that, and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the 24/7 G2 in a 45 compact. Aside from one unresolved issue with the 10 round mag (see other threads), I am very happy with it. It is very accurate, very easy to break-down and clean, and MUCH lighter than the Colt 10mm that I carried for 15+ years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a full size G2 in .45 acp. Took a while to get the OAL of the various reloads I do to the point that it was a reliable feed. 230gr round nose (hardball) was what it wanted. I load 201gr.Keith type swc (a flat nosed bullet) that took a bit of adjusting to get a reliable feed. The trigger sucked. After removing the striker and diamond honing the surface that the trigger bar slides down, it smoothed out nicely. The SA pull and even from reset are still just shortened DA pulls. Taurus wouldn't sell me any internal parts so i got pissed, sold it for what I paid and bought an FNP 45. More $$$ but it's a world of difference. Almost 1911 trigger pull on a true SA. Best move I ever made. Groups 1/3 the size of the G2.

·
Registered
33 Posts
By the way, I own a PT740 slim and love it. It has a true sear on SA not the funky shortened DA pull like the 24/7 G2. If they had used this action design, I'd still have the G2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts