Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you all in on a little issue I was having. Got a gen 2 in 40 around the end of January fist time to the range when firing the slide would lock the slide open like the mag was empty happened anywhere from once a mag to six or seven times in a row, sent it to taurus. Two weeks later got it back with a paper saying slide catch was broken. This weekend I take it back to the range same problem. Called Taurus today they say that test fire all guns that are repaired the don't know why it's still happening, going to send it back we will see what happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just picked up a g2 40 in the compact and find that the slide is hard to release, wont just do a quick thumb release or snap the slide back. Did you notice the same issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a compact aswell. the slide is pretty hard to release i cant just hit it and it let go you really have push that thing down, my thumb is done by the end of the night

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been doing some reading and i found that this just may be a normal condition for a new gun. suggestions were to do a heavy clean and run a couple of bxs of rounds through it. It states on a new g2 the recoil spring is so tight that it needs to really break in before it will loosen. This is new to me as my othe taurus pistols never had this issue. But i will try this clean tonight and range day tomorrow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a G2 compact .40 as well and the slide release takes both thumbs to release as long as there is a magazine in the gun. I tried it with the mag out and I can release the slide easily.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got my 24/7 G2 standard 40 cal in Jan. it kept not releasing the spent round. I thought to was because it needed some break in. But after 3 times at the range I called Taurus and sent it in for repair. So we shall see. Hopefully it won't take long for repair.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the full size in 9mm and had problem with the trigger. I would squeeze the trigger slowly for aimed shots and the gun would not fire. It was happening randomly but mostly with the slow aimed pull. I also experienced a double round fire on one pull. I sent it back to Taurus which was very easy and they returned it in 2 weeks. They told me that the trigger bar was bent. Guess this happend during production, not sure. But was very happy to see that it really was fixed and the firearms is flawless now. Very happy with the customer service as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I figured out what was wrong with the slide release with a magazine in the gun, it was empty... When I took it out to the range and had full magazines in the slide release was like buttah.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the full size in 9mm and had problem with the trigger. I would squeeze the trigger slowly for aimed shots and the gun would not fire. It was happening randomly but mostly with the slow aimed pull. I also experienced a double round fire on one pull. I sent it back to Taurus which was very easy and they returned it in 2 weeks. They told me that the trigger bar was bent. Guess this happend during production, not sure. But was very happy to see that it really was fixed and the firearms is flawless now. Very happy with the customer service as well.
Hi newbie from Philippines here. I have the same unit with you and very same issue. At DA mode, the gun will not fire when trigger is slowly pullein the d. I also experienced that double fire in one pull. Problem in the Phil is that only accredited Taurus service centers are available. Sent my Gun to the store for warranty repair. It broke my heart having one defective brand new unit.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ANTISTAR's issue sounds like you weren't holding the gun firm enough. My first trip out with my .45 G2C gave me a few of these on the first two mags but I just adjusted my grip and it didn't happen again (175 rounds for the day).

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I love to have a G2 compact in .45 ACP but I'm not in a hurry now. I still remember it took Taurus a while to iron out all the bugs on the original 24/7 line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts