Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Nice. I like Glocks with no finger grooves.

I wish Glock would get rid of the finger grooves on the Gen4's.

·
Administrator
35,318 Posts
Yep. I bought a gen 2 Glock 21 a few years back, utterly reliable and never failed. I swapped out the regular sights for trits, they were terrific. My son decided he wanted to carry a 45acp at his Brinks truck job, so I swapped him a 24/7 Pro 9mm for it. I'd buy another one in a minute.

One thing I would suggest is, order a spring kit from Glock and have an armorer swap them all out. They are probably pretty tired by now. ;)

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Good looking guns.

·
Registered
698 Posts
One thing I would suggest is, order a spring kit from Glock and have an armorer swap them all out. They are probably pretty tired by now. ;)
I agree with you about replacing all consumable wear parts, but it doesn't take a Glock Armorer to do it. Glocks are the easiest pistol to detail strip and reassemble.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Nice looking bunch!

i have to admit though, that I prefer the finger grooves...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wow thought I was alone in the no groves dpt although I gotta have my Pachmyr grip. I bought my Gen 2 17 in 93 and last year at +/- 30k rds I sent it to Glock with a letter explainig sporadic ftf. And 2 weeks later Glock shiped it back to me after they replaced everything but the slidehousing, barrel and frame "test fired to spec" in a new Glock guncase and cleaning kit No Charge, runs like a champ busting 100% I was very pleased with their customer service sending me a essentialy rebuilt gun with all internals replaced with no hasle I really thought I would at least be charged a fee of sorts. At that time I was in the market for a full size 45. It didnt take long to select a model 41 that thing is a beast. Curently eyeballing a gen 4 / 34.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had the 23 Gen 3 for a while now (8 yrs ?) ..Its a LE trade in ..purchased it through Gunbroker..was supposed to be a Gen 2 ..but turned out to be a 3 ..the Slide was really worn ..and the frame looked great ....new springs etc...so I kept it ..and had the slide refinished by CCR ....they did a perfect job...
Great pistol ..
And the 30S is as fine as frog hair ..split 3 ways !!!!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
#good4you #not4me

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I'm a fan of the Gen 3 Glocks myself. I own the 21SF, 23 and 26. The redesigned grips on
the Gen 4s are not as comfortable to me as the ones on the Glocks I own.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
Great, now you guys got me wanting a Glock. ( Funny thing is autocorrect keeps changing it to block.)
Which is correct by the way!------------:D

Reactions: Buckeye!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts