Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, you're not gonna believe this......................
I bought this gun used from someone that obviously needed the money fast.....
The gun was filthy dirty when I got it but it cleaned up nicely. It is in perfect shape and what I always wanted but could not afford.

Gemini Customs carry package included:
· Complete action tuning (9-10# DAO)
· Recrown Muzzle
· Slabside and Flute Barrel
· Chamfer Cylinder Throats
· Recontour & Mirror Polish Trigger
· Bob/Remove Hammer Cockspur & Mirror Polish Hammer (DAO)
· Smooth & Dehorn for Carry
· Eliminate Cylinder Endshake
· Replace springs as needed
· Polish Plungers & Pins
· Electro Chemical Etch Gemini Customs Logo
· Test Fire for Function
· #170-325 Superfine Matte Glass Bead Blast entire Revolver
· Badger Rosewood Grips ($80.00)
Total cost for this package = $580.00

New price for this gun was/is approx $500-$550. Cost of Gemini customization was about $580.00 for a total of about $1080.00 value that I got for $560.00. I couldn’t pass up such a bargain. I sold my S&W 642-1 for $325.00 (for a quick sale) on the same day, so I got this gun for only $235.00 out of pocket.

The custom grips look nice, but they are not very practical for .357 work. I took them off and put on a Hogue monogrip for daily carry. Will put the Badger grips on if I ever get invited to a BBQ! LOL

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
That IS a ridiculous deal. It's pretty cool when you come across those! How does your Gemini perform?

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
The truth is, as I have learned, with custom guns and custom cars you never get your money back out of them. Nice revolver though! really!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's an excellent shooter. I once had the 2" (Stock) version and the flip/recoil with full house .357's was a bit much. This one gives a good kick too, but the 3" barrel seems to be a lot more controllable. The Hogue grip takes the sting outta it.

This package does not have the porting (which I didn't want anyway). Strange as it seems, I got exactly what i wanted for a unbelievable price.

The Gemini package (or any individual components you select from him) are well worth the money. I'm just glad i didn't have to pay for it. The double action is so smooth it is indescribable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The truth is, as I have learned, with custom guns and custom cars you never get your money back out of them. Nice revolver though! really!
Well.......I've only got $560.00 in to get this gun that would cost $1080.00 from Gemini. So, I doubt that I am in the RED.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts