Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had an order in with my LGS for a S&W Governor for a long time. Guessing it'll be years before they're availalbe. Saturday I'm in a local trading post and had forgotten they carry a few handguns. Turns out one is a Judge and another is a Public Defender. I resolve to wait out the Governor. By this morning I'd convinced myself that the Public Defender was here and the Governor wouldn't be for a long time. So I went and bought it before someone else did. So now I own a Taurus. Figure best sign up with this forum and learn more about it.

Sending the registration card in tomorrow. Already cleaned it up and Frog Lubed it. Might get to shoot it tomorrow. Not much ammo left for that. Did get the last box of some personal defense .410 with disc thingies in them, and a box of .410 bird shot for the range. LGS was out of .45 and the .45 Long Colt was $67.50 for a box of 50....too much to add to the price of the gun.

I'm liking the feel of it. When I put the hair dryer to the Frog Lube the cylander seemed to get stuck...hope that doesn't happen when it gets hot from firing. Bought the PD despite all the horror stories I read on line....so....we'll see.

· Super Moderator
36,395 Posts
Welcome from the great Texas outback. :D The Taurus does not fire .45ACP. Other than that, I think you'll like it. No shortage of shotgun ammo that I've seen. Good thing for a waterfowler I suppose. I handload and load for .45 Colt, but they take large pistol primers and I've only got several hundred LP primers, don't wanna use 'em up. Bummer, but I've got quite a few rounds loaded. Don't shoot a Judge, they're for my Ruger Blackhawk.

Anyway, join in and do read the site guidelines.

· Super Moderator
42,113 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois!

· Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
:wave:Welcome to the forum from an old Taurus guy in Mississippi...
...and a hearty word of congratulations on your new Public Defender!

Lots of Judge owners here to chat with and share your experiences with.:thumb:

Also, your decision to join TA.net should bring you many hours of enjoyable reading, posting, and exchanging information and experiences with the guys and gals who show up every day to "talk Taurus".

:guns:;D:icon_ rasta::icon_ devil::happy2::icon_ rocker::D:p:cool::judge::guns::angel::eek::cool:

Attachments

· Registered
3,912 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;;

· Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

· Registered
5,456 Posts
Welcome from Plano TX to the best gun forum on the Internet.

· Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

· Registered
15,654 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

· Registered
5,072 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas

· Registered
7,572 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

· Registered
7,566 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.