Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I have to by another tcp I gave my Dad mine, luckily I have a friend who is selling one for $150 just hoping he still has it. That's the second 380 I gave my Dad, I need to quit giving my pistols away loll

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Buying guns for your Dad reminds me of my daughter's fiance and his attempt to buy his father a PT-1911AL for Christmas. The problem was he was in Tennessee, the gun was on sale at Larry's in Huntsville, AL and his Dad lived in Huntsville. So he thinks he has this all figured out. He calls his Dad and says, "Dad, could you pick me up a Taurus PT-1911AL that is on sale at Larry's? I will just reimburse you when I get home." Dad says OK, no problem.

A few days later he calls and asks, "Dad, did you pick up that pistol for me? Dad says yes, and it was so nice I bought one for myself." No good deed goes unpunished.

Reactions: Doclark

·
Registered
582 Posts
If your relationship is anything like mine with my Dad - he's probably given you a few too. The guns in my safe that will never be sold are the ones he gave me when I was old enough. Come to think about it... I've given a couple to my son, but the thought of giving Dad a pistol makes me think hmmmm???

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's never given me any of his guns, he's only got a couple more than what I gave him, but he's given my family and I so much more it doesn't bother me at all

Reactions: KLo

·
Registered
797 Posts
My dad has given me several guns over the years, both as gifts (first gun at 14, the shotgun at 16 etc) and just because he is 84 and wants his kids (and grandkids) to have certain guns. I of course appreciate each one and would never sell one. Fact is I don't sell any of my guns. Mine will all go to my kids who can do with them what they wish, when that time comes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.