Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PH and Sekol are attending a woman's shooting conference in a few months and PH needs 750 rounds of ammo. She is running around town and sent me these

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yep. They are out of bounds! Yet I see sales going out the door?! Are they that strongly branded in some shopper's head bones?!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
$.50/round for BULK 9mm?
That IS completely unacceptable, and I would tell them so.
You did notice didn't you? They don't sell reloading supplies.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Do you have an Academy or a Wal Mart up there?

Cheaper than GM.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Actually, the price on 45 acp is pretty dang good for around here!

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have an Academy or a Wal Mart up there?

Cheaper than GM.
We have Walmart, academy, cabelas and tons of little lgs, just thought the price was so outrageous I'd post it

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, the price on 45 acp is pretty dang good for around here!
I'm so sorry

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
That looks high to me, but I have not bought any for years, but I have 1,750 in the safe. All reloads.:thumb:

Edit Note: I forgot to say that is just .45ACP.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
Gander Mountain has always been high on everything but rimfire ammo. They are reasonable on .22, pretty close to Academy. I'm finding that Cabelas isn't real bad on ammo prices and some is lower than I saw at Academy. I've been into Cabelas three times since it opened 6 months ago. I think I am liking it better, but it's still hard to beat Academy and Walmart on many things. You can also absolutely pay too much for some ammo at Walmart, just because it's there doesn't mean it's the best price.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I've seen 250 round boxes of .45 acp for less! :eek::D:D:D

I dont usually shop there because their prices are so high.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Gander Mountain has always been high on everything but rimfire ammo. They are reasonable on .22, pretty close to Academy. I'm finding that Cabelas isn't real bad on ammo prices and some is lower than I saw at Academy. I've been into Cabelas three times since it opened 6 months ago. I think I am liking it better, but it's still hard to beat Academy and Walmart on many things. You can also absolutely pay too much for some ammo at Walmart, just because it's there doesn't mean it's the best price.
Around me, Cabelas is the best for Black Powder supplies, followed by Bass Pro. Unless any other local members know of someplace better.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
My Wally had the 250 9MM mega packs for $68 and change yesterday.

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
On the "Academy Sports" website .45 ACP Monarch 230 gr. FMJ ammo is listed at $14.99 for "50" rounds.

500 rds. of Remington 230 FMJ is listed at $209.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
As we say around our area, Gander Mountain sure is proud of their stuff..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts