Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that Gander Mountain is advertising their special PT1911 kit (2 extra mags) for $699.95. Anything special about this one, because it seems a bit pricey, especially since they have a Kimber Target model for $300 more? If I wanted a 1911 and didn't know anything about the Taurus, for that difference in price, I just might go with the Kimber, solely on reputation.

Since I've had a PT1911 for about a year and am very pleased with the pistol, Dropping a grand on a Kimber is not high on my purchase priorities. But then, neither is $700 for a PT1911B unless it is really special. Unless you hit one of their really good sales, GM has been a bit too proud of their handguns for my budget.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Your deal is better than the Gander Mountain near me. I went in today and they have the PT1911 for $799 right next to it is a Kimber Custom Carry for $799. Which one do you think people are going to buy? I know that when I purchased my PT1911 for $530 I would have gotten a Kimber instead for the same price if it was available. I don't buy anything at Gander because they are way over priced on every thing. I only go in there just in case they screwed up and tagged something cheaper than they sshould have. Haasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I bought one from them last summer... about the same price as the blued and a very smooth transaction.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
starshooter231 said:
Your deal is better than the Gander Mountain near me. I went in today and they have the PT1911 for $799 right next to it is a Kimber Custom Carry for $799. Which one do you think people are going to buy? I know that when I purchased my PT1911 for $530 I would have gotten a Kimber instead for the same price if it was available. I don't buy anything at Gander because they are way over priced on every thing. I only go in there just in case they screwed up and tagged something cheaper than they sshould have. Haasn't happened yet.
$800 for a Taurus? If I just had to have a 1911 and could get a Kimber for the same price or a bit more, I'd have gotten the Kimber. I bought my Taurus because the reviews had been good and the price was about $500 OTD. I've been very pleased with the pistol. The price made it attractive to take a chance on a Taurus. If the price was that high, I may have well bought a Kimber strictly on reputation.

The Taurus seems to be proving itself. Maybe that's why the prices are going up. Unless they have a special that really is a good deal, the local GM is almost always 30%, or more, higher than the gunshop two blocks away.

·
Registered
968 Posts
academy seems to have the best price escept for online, got mine from them yesterday for 600$ OTD

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a plan. I think we should all get together and call Taurus and tell them that the PT1911 is a POS. That way the price on them will go back down and we can all afford to buy a couple more. I know I would like to get a SS version and an AR version. What do you think? Will it work?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
starshooter231 said:
I have a plan. I think we should all get together and call Taurus and tell them that the PT1911 is a POS. That way the price on them will go back down and we can all afford to buy a couple more. I know I would like to get a SS version and an AR version. What do you think? Will it work?
Sounds like a plan to me. I could always use another 1911. :drool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts