Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my M327, and I already have to call Taurus customer service. :mad:I'm an idiot, and the sear spring went sailing off to some dark corner of my apartment while installing my Wolf hammer and trigger springs. :p The good news is that single action works fine, and that pull is sweeeeeeeeeet. Super light, smooth, crisp... it's perfect. I'll call Taurus in the morning to grab a few sear springs. Any other spare parts I should get while I'm at it? I'm thinking a few extra side plate screws would be a good idea, and maybe a firing pin + spring if I can get one.

·
Super Moderator
21,438 Posts
Does the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it mean anything :) The way your going is order one of or two of each cause your going to need them . :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Be really nice to whoever you speak with. That's a restricted part and there is a good chance they will make you send it in. Either that or get some really strong glasses and get on your hands and knees. I found mine after about two hours LOL.

Get:
*Side plate screws
*Yolk screw assembly
*Cylinder stop
*Firing pin retaining pin
*Firing pin spring
*Main Spring Assembly(This includes: main spring center pin, main spring, main spring plate. That way you can have a preloaded stock spring available in case you want to swap back to stock)
*Ironically since the trigger spring assembly is part of the trigger which is a restricted part, if you want one you have to source it out at; Numrich or Guntrader.
Those are the parts I usually get.

Good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it mean anything :) The way your going is order one of or two of each cause your going to need them . :)
My fiancee couldn't pull the trigger in DA with the factory springs, so I'd say it needed fixing.

Numrich is out of sear springs (big surprise there, hah)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
There is a seller on Gu nTrader goes by "WideBuffalo" he sometimes has Taurus parts. I think "don't quote me on this", that the M327-M85 internals are the same.

·
Super Moderator
35,500 Posts
Search the apartment with a magnet?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the recommendations. I ran a magnet over everything, stared at the carpet for hours, but no dice.

I was cleaning the internals while I had it open for the springs, and I set the hammer down with the sear side down... wasn't paying attention. The sear slid out and the spring went MIA. Won't be making that mistake again, hah. I found a spring that will work, so that's taken care of...but I'll get hold of Widebuffalo for some parts soon anyway.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Search the apartment with a magnet?
This happens to me once in a while. My wife lets me use her magnetic knife holder. About a foot long and it hasn't failed me yet at the gun cleaning bench.

Some day I'll get my own?

Reactions: Turbo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Smart thinking with the knife holder.

I found a bag of Wolf miniature coil springs in my cabinet, had the correct diameter and just needed to trim to fit. Works great. Now all I need to do is hit the range again to see if it's reliable with the 9lb hammer spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts