Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't congress pass some law about CCW this year? States that issue must honor other states CCWs. Boss is sending me to New York in a few months so I better figure out the laws now.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I know you must go there if your boss is sending you, but research long and hard about the legality of conceal carrying in New York before you attempt to.

Sorry, I have no information to share on this subject.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the link. Passed the house but not the senate yet. NRA-ILA :: U.S. House Passes NRA-backed National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Legislation

No I don't trust them when they start this stuff either. I didn't have to take a class or get a license for by big mouth. So if no license is needed to exercise the first I shouldn't need one for the second.

I also don't like the background checks. If someone has had the right to carry+vote revoked they 1 shouldn't be on the street 2. If they are in public they should pay an extra fee for their state ID and it should be marked. The fee is for maintaining the criminal data base. All I should have to do is show a valid state issued ID card.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
New York does NOT recognize any other State Concealed Carry Permit.
NRA-ILA ::
Click on the State you want to visit.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Once you get above Virginia your in the lands of gungrabbers. DC, MD, NJ and NY don't want you and your handguns in their state, "period".

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
New Yorkers are NOT Yankees. I am a Yankee (who happens to like southerners).
Fair enough, they really are in their own category! :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
When you fly into La Guardia or JFK, call Mayor Bloomberg and tell him you are carrying and want his advice regarding NY handgun law. New York is known for its hospitality to out-of-staters who come into their state carrying.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm in NYS and yeah I'm sorry to tell you there is no way I know of that you can carry here unless you have a NYS CC permit and you can't get one unless you live here. Also, you can't carry in NYC at all even if you do have a permit. In fact you can not even own a handgun unless you have a permit here much less carry it on your person. Trust me, we don't like it but as long as we are attached to NYC, I'm afraid that's how it is, we are way outnumbered and overpowered by NYC politics it bullies the entire state.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts