Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my G3c cut for a 407k and it's arriving on Saturday. I think I will like the micro red dot vs the compact red dots that adapt to the G3c Toro. I probably would have bought the Toro if I was jumping into the G3c. I just wasn't attracted to the Toro slide on ShopTaurus for $150. Also, I got the 407k for a GX4 Toro that I bought myself for Christmas, but it depends which one is my primary carry, so possibly Summer/Winter switch over.

My only regret is that I am now $700 deep into a G3c, but honestly, a nice subcompact is just a great gun to carry and shoot. It could have been closer to $600 if I hadn't bought the first batch of G3c on the shelves and had searched more for a local gun smith that works on Taurus slides. I'm glad I got the 15 rnd magazine and AmeriGlo orange night sight too.
Circuit component Audio equipment Plastic bottle Electronic instrument Electronic engineering

Musical instrument accessory Water bottle Plastic bottle Electronic instrument Audio equipment

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had my G3c cut for a 407k and it's arriving on Saturday. I think I will like the micro red dot vs the compact red dots that adapt to the G3c Toro. I probably would have bought the Toro if I was jumping into the G3c. I just wasn't attracted to the Toro slide on ShopTaurus for $150. Also, I got the 407k for a GX4 Toro that I bought myself for Christmas, but it depends which one is my primary carry, so possibly Summer/Winter switch over.

My only regret is that I am now $700 deep into a G3c, but honestly, a nice subcompact is just a great gun to carry and shoot. It could have been closer to $600 if I hadn't bought the first batch of G3c on the shelves and had searched more for a local gun smith that works on Taurus slides. I'm glad I got the 15 rnd magazine and AmeriGlo orange night sight too.
View attachment 484851
View attachment 484850
Thinking about sending in either my G2c or new G3c to NC Engravers to get milled for a 407k that I have. Any issues from the modification? Did you replace rear and front irons?
I've been leaning toward getting the G2c milled and just getting a front site to cowitness with the holosun and keeping g3c as is with the nicer irons, but I also like your setup.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the front sight with the orange Ameriglo that ShopTaurus.com sells. About half of it is visible. Being able to get a partial sight picture was the primary reason I didn't get a Toro slide. I would say a sight upgrade after milling is definitely optional.

Part of my motivation for picking the 407k was the durability reputation of Holosun. I don't need something that can go through the sand and mud, but cheap red dots don't do great in drop tests. The less durable an optic is the more likely I will need the backup irons, so if I was less confident in the 407k maybe I would go with taller sights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts