Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was most impressed the plastic frame did not break . think the gun would be just fine after a good cleaning ,and lube ---------------

·
Premium Member
7,957 Posts
America's best selling gun? Wow, if that's true, Taurus really has a winner. Interesting they can come out of that big settlement and still have a leader. It makes me wonder what it costs to bring a gun to market. Is it 10 million, 100 million, more, less?

·
Registered
1 Posts
America's best selling gun? Wow, if that's true, Taurus really has a winner. Interesting they can come out of that big settlement and still have a leader. It makes me wonder what it costs to bring a gun to market. Is it 10 million, 100 million, more, less?
The gun counter guy at academy sports tells me they sell more g2c s than any other handgun ....

·
Registered
58 Posts
That’s believable. They are kind of like a new high point. But better in some ways. Not that high points are junk, but the g2c for a price of about 200 bucks with 2 12 round mags and it’s per dependable honestly I see why they’d sell like hotcakes.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That’s believable. They are kind of like a new high point. But better in some ways. Not that high points are junk, but the g2c for a price of about 200 bucks with 2 12 round mags and it’s per dependable honestly I see why they’d sell like hotcakes.
Better in some ways? Its $50 more than a highpoint, yet made with superior materials, weighs substantially less, is substantially smaller, is far easier to break down for cleaning/maintenance, the slide is easier to rack, the sights are better, the trigger pull is better, the controls are better, practically everything is better.

Yes, the Hi-Point is a functional pistol which absolutely can be used for self-defense, but there have always been better choices at similar prices from old MilSurp Soviet pistols to bargain priced pistols by Taurus, Ruger, and even Smith & Wesson.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Put it this way when I’ve shopped even on a budget I’ve not bought a high point. Usually Taurus. Buy high point does have their place if that is what you can afford.

But I will say Taurus to me is becoming more like a poor man’s Glock. In other words they have features found on higher end guns, seem pretty dependable, and that they work well at a lower price.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
With an extra mag and a better trigger i found the G3c a much better deal. Also like my G3 almost as much as my Glock 19......simply because of the after market parts I can find for the G19.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts