Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came back from the range for the first time with the G3C and pushed both disassembly switches down, pulled the trigger and tried to slide the slide off, but got stuck in this position. It will only move forward or backward a tiny bit, but I cannot seem to get it out of this position. Any thoughts on getting it unstuck?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I would try gently prying things side to side with something plastic. By things I mean the barrel by the chamber and the recoil spring as far back into the dust cover as I could. Something might be out of alignment side to side.

But I'm also too cheap to pay a gunsmith and I fix everything myself anyways.
Just wanted to get that out there before I'm chastised for not suggesting a gunsmith as the finest course of action.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Did you pull back slightly on the slide before you pulled the trigger? If not maybe the striker is stuck?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would try gently prying things side to side with something plastic. By things I mean the barrel by the chamber and the recoil spring as far back into the dust cover as I could. Something might be out of alignment side to side.

But I'm also too cheap to pay a gunsmith and I fix everything myself anyways.
Just wanted to get that out there before I'm chastised for not suggesting a gunsmith as the finest course of action.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I got it! The slide was askew and pulling it back as I was pulling the trigger popped it back straight and I was able to pull it back, then take it off

·
Super Moderator
38,266 Posts
Good deal, congrats on the new gun and welcome to the forum from northern Illinois .

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
I got it! The slide was askew and pulling it back as I was pulling the trigger popped it back straight and I was able to pull it back, then take it off
Nice job. I came to this forum looking for some help and found it. This really is a great place to visit and some really, really knowledgeable gun people on here.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.
Glad you got it figured out!

·
Banned
157 Posts
I came back from the range for the first time with the G3C and pushed both disassembly switches down, pulled the trigger and tried to slide the slide off, but got stuck in this position. It will only move forward or backward a tiny bit, but I cannot seem to get it out of this position. Any thoughts on getting it unstuck?
View attachment 480665
That's Nice Congrats.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Glad you got yourself out of your own hole! Always scary when you think you broke something. Welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts