Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G3C Firing with Safety On...

[video=youtube;8lZuoRrBa1M]https://youtu.be/8lZuoRrBa1M"]https://youtu.be/8lZuoRrBa1M[/video]

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Oh boy another round of "How can we make this gun fail" I mean how often are you going to stage the trigger, just so you can make the safety fail. ARGHHH!
Man, my G48 will fire when the safety is on...err...wait a minute. It has no external safety. Better quit using that gun.

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
RUH-ROH!!!
another case of owners getting 200 bucks for their gun or taking like a TX-22 with a bad barrel in trade for them!--LOL

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Do I see a Taurus-Carter Round 2 on the way?
Sorry to be a potential realist here.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why doesn't Taurus just start leaving the safety off? I use mine...but I'm not an idiot or moron looking for an "ah ha! gotcha!" payout either. When was the last time anyone sued for not having a safety. I like having a safety when I'm re-holstering instead of relying on the stupid trigger blade not to allow me to add another hole to my backside but I can be even more careful if the safeties go away.

·
Super Moderator
35,722 Posts
I don't have a G3 or G3C yet, but isn't this covered in the manual? Like "don't press the trigger when the safety is engaged"? If not, I am sure it says to not press the trigger until your target is in sight and one is ready to fire.

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
I don't think they put a safety on any gun so that you can play with the trigger. I would expect it not to fire while the safety is on, but I don't make a habit of tempting fate by fondling the trigger on a loaded gun nor do I ever try to stage a trigger while applying the safety. Idiotic!

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
You would have to first flip the safety off between your ears before you can try this.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I don't think they put a safety on any gun so that you can play with the trigger. I would expect it not to fire while the safety is on, but I don't make a habit of tempting fate by fondling the trigger on a loaded gun nor do I ever try to stage a trigger while applying the safety. Idiotic!
Not unless I was at the range, with said gun pointed downrange...and probably unloaded, just to check the safety function. I swear, everyone is always trying to take a crap on Taurus.

·
Administrator
17,688 Posts
I don't believe it's an issue to be concerned over. I think it's just Clickbait for that guys YouTube Channel.

It was the same deal for the Millennium Pro Series Pistols where you had to manipulate the Trigger just before engaging the Safety and Taurus Legal Council mishandled the Lawsuit terribly.
FWIW, my 9mm Millennium Pro is still my favorite Summer Carry Pistol.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Just checked this with a PT-111 G2. If I just take up the slack in the trigger, I can engage the safety, and it seems to fire through the safety, though I'll need to check it at the range. The sound is just a bit different than normal dry firing, so striker might be stopped by the striker block.

If I push the trigger just a bit farther and engage the safety, then the trigger won't move. It's kinda weird.

We can certainly ridicule the idiots who would do this sort of thing, but remember that this is America, where any idiot can file a lawsuit, and millions do.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it is good information to know. Would i ever pull the trigger and then click the safety , No , but i dont use the manual safety either.

With all the new people out there with pistols and guns the more information they have the better. Go to a gun show and watch the people who never thought about owning a gun go through their first ever purchase. They have no clue and how many of them actually go to get training? That information should be in the manual it shouldn't be used as propaganda to stop using the G3 series.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
"There is no such thing as 'foolproof.' Fools are too ingenious." Robert A Heinlein.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
OK, I have three Taurus striker-fired pistols, two PT-111 G2s and one full size G3. Just pulled a bullet and checked all three with the primed but otherwise empty case. For each pistol, I took up the slack in the trigger, applied the safety, and attempted to fire. I made certain that the safety was all the way on. Neither of the PT-111 G2s fired the primer, but the G3 did. So it appears that Taurus has re-introduced the Gen 1 safety defects in its Gen 3 pistols.:eek: Wonder why they did that?:confused:

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
OK, I have three Taurus striker-fired pistols, two PT-111 G2s and one full size G3. Just pulled a bullet and checked all three with the primed but otherwise empty case. For each pistol, I took up the slack in the trigger, applied the safety, and attempted to fire. I made certain that the safety was all the way on. Neither of the PT-111 G2s fired the primer, but the G3 did. So it appears that Taurus has re-introduced the Gen 1 safety defects in its Gen 3 pistols.:eek: Wonder why they did that?:confused:

HMMMM??
maybe Taurus wants to buy a large amount of slightly used pistols for like 200 bucks each and sale them on Gun broker!!!---GriiiN.

·
Administrator
35,169 Posts
So let me get this straight....Taurus just fished out millions of dollars in a lawsuit because their old 24/7 and Mil Pro line pistols had an issue where if you slightly pulled the trigger and then engaged the safety, the gun would still fire. Then, they release a brand new line called the G3 that has exactly the same safety flaw? How does that happen? Nobody in the room said "Hey, we need to be sure that we don't have the same problems with this new gun as we had with the recalled guns." ? :???:

If this is true, then shame on Taurus. They'll have become the stereotype, of a company that does the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts