Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to purchase a Lakeline threaded barrel, and me being a noob accidentally bought the wrong one. Well I saw a video on line saying it fits but just sticks out a bit, so before I returned the wrong one decided to try it out just to see how it looks and then I go and cock it back and now that’s where I’m at stuck in that position and can’t get it to come lose and slide forward. Has anyone else had this issue or experienced this problem I’m going thru, guns still new only bout 20 rounds through it?

Attachments

·
8,986 Posts
Welcome aboard, man this could be a problem. Have you tried pulling down the take down tabs, and moving the slide? It may also be the recoil spring asm is not in the correct position either due to incorrect reassembly or it isn;t the correct size for the new Barrel lug.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
42 Posts
I believe I would spray gun oil on barrel and in slide and try to tap with rubber mallet with towel around your threads . If it don't work with couple of hits I would go to gunsmith.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies going to look into the oil thing with a rubber mallet and prolly have couple buddies look at it before ended going to a gunsmith for last resort

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got this in the mail today to make me feel worst can’t even use it till get this issue fixed and most likely be till the weekend then still have to send it back to get the correct barrel!

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Have you tried calling Al at Lakeline?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I emailed him he said would fit the G3C but would be a little bit longer would not really recommend, so we agreed I would return and exchange it but no haven’t actually talked to him. Really regret trying it should’ve just left it alone and sent it back immediately but I will be trying to take it apart Friday on my next day off.

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
I emailed him he said would fit the G3C but would be a little bit longer would not really recommend, so we agreed I would return and exchange it but no haven’t actually talked to him. Really regret trying it should’ve just left it alone and sent it back immediately but I will be trying to take it apart Friday on my next day off.
Al is a great guy and very helpful with your guns. Couldn't hurt to ring him up.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.
Be sure to let us know how you fix it.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
This is why it's generally best to ignore most of what you hear online, as it's typically misinformation coming from people who don't actually know that what they're saying is true, but are convinced that what they're saying is true regardless. (You know, like Conspiracy Theorists.)

I remember when I was shopping for aftermarket threaded barrels, I read all sorts of nonsense regarding how you could substitute barrels from other guns, regardless of how visually dissimilar they were from each other or how obvious it was at a glance that they couldn't possibly interchange.

Only buy products which explicitly state that they are compatible with your firearm, regardless of what folks say online, even if it's coming from the manufacturer or one of their customer service reps via chat/e-mail, because if they were really sure that it would work, then it would be listed right there on the product page.
I know that it can be frustrating shopping for peripherals for firearms when you can't find anything for your specific model of firearm, but plenty for another variant of the same firearm. (Honestly, I got extremely annoyed seeing how there were 800 options for an M&P9 Shield, but very few for an M&P40 Shield.) However, as you have learned, if you can't find something for your specific model of firearm, then just let it be, don't go experimenting with parts for other firearms to see if they'll fit/function properly, regardless of what others say who cannot verify/substantiate their claims.

That being said, best of luck getting this sorted out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is why it's generally best to ignore most of what you hear online, as it's typically misinformation coming from people who don't actually know that what they're saying is true, but are convinced that what they're saying is true regardless. (You know, like Conspiracy Theorists.)

I remember when I was shopping for aftermarket threaded barrels, I read all sorts of nonsense regarding how you could substitute barrels from other guns, regardless of how visually dissimilar they were from each other or how obvious it was at a glance that they couldn't possibly interchange.

Only buy products which explicitly state that they are compatible with your firearm, regardless of what folks say online, even if it's coming from the manufacturer or one of their customer service reps via chat/e-mail, because if they were really sure that it would work, then it would be listed right there on the product page.
I know that it can be frustrating shopping for peripherals for firearms when you can't find anything for your specific model of firearm, but plenty for another variant of the same firearm. (Honestly, I got extremely annoyed seeing how there were 800 options for an M&P9 Shield, but very few for an M&P40 Shield.) However, as you have learned, if you can't find something for your specific model of firearm, then just let it be, don't go experimenting with parts for other firearms to see if they'll fit/function properly, regardless of what others say who cannot verify/substantiate their claims.

That being said, best of luck getting this sorted out.
Was just an honest mistake when looking at the website I got distracted looking at the barrels one looked more glossy and I accidentally pick it instead of the one that was for mine smh here’s a pic to see what I was looking at lol

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
Well I dropped it off to a buddy of mine and he sent a pic like 30 mins later that he got it to slide back forward, not sure how he did it but I’ll be picking it up later today to get more details.
Great News!
here send this to your buddy if you don't mind!
92446d1406761920-my-latest-smithing-project-wecsog-diploma.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Remember, Only buy products which explicitly state that they are compatible with your firearm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts