Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I wouldn't call the G2 a micro gun; compact, yes, but not micro.
The Ruger LCP, LCP-II, Diamondback, and my old PT-738 are micro guns.
The G3 appears to be a full-size version of the G2. Hopefully it's as reliable as the G2.
I already have a Glock-17 and a Walther Creed to fill my full-size needs, so I probably won't be getting a G3.
But never say never.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I'm not a fan of the 380 or 9mm micro guns.

Or and micro and I put the G2 in that category.

Anybody have comments or experience with the G3.

Seems to fit all my requirements.

AFS
Seems to fit mine too....now just to actually start seeing them in the stores....:p

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
IIRC the G2 was categorized as a subcompact when it first came out. Certainly not a micro.
I would call my TCP and Spectrum a micro.
I would call my PT-111 G2 a sub compact
I would call my S&W SD9VE a compact (almost exactly the same size and weight as a Glock G19)

I would consider the G3 a compact along with the SD9BE and G19. I don't see that I have a need for one (for all the difference that makes).

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you're on the fence about it then I would seriously just go ahead and pick one up. I paid about 256 out the door at my local gun store. I put about 200 rds through it and had one failure to go into battery which could have been induced by me. Size wise it's comparable to the Glock 19. Definitely small enough to conceal comfortably but big enough to fight with. One 15 rd mag and one 17.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just came back to the forum and posted my range rep on it. Just bought it, and don't regret it a bit. As many have said, they're kinda tough to find locally, as they're selling out almost the instant they become available. I watched my store here in PHX, and they got them in. Paid $257 out the door for mine, and he told me they had already sold 4 of the 9, not including mine, before I came in at about their closing time.

Awesome gun, and I love the size and form factor of the G3. Again, this is where Taurus shows they're now listening intently, and the G3 seems to be on a lot of people's short lists. I'd buy it again.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wouldn't call the G2 a micro gun; compact, yes, but not micro.
The Ruger LCP, LCP-II, Diamondback, and my old PT-738 are micro guns.
I agree. I'd add the Sig P365 in the micro category. I'd consider the G2 as a sub-compact like the Glock 26.

I'm likely to pick up a G2C next month. Local shop I like to use has them in different colors and different two-tone combinations for around $175. Too inexpensive to not pick one up 'just because'. That shop doesn't have the G3 yet but will be interested when they do have them in stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just ordered on. $239 from Gunbuyer.com. Too cheap not to try it out. Reviews so far are all positive. A big draw for me is the thumb safety. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like and appreciate the feature as I carry AIWB. I also like being able to clear a loaded gun with the safety "on".

Same size and capacity as a G19 for 2/5 of the price. If it works, whats not to like?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts