Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
G3 ( TORO conv) w/ADE-012 ,TLR7 ; G3C TORO w/ADE-006b
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a plate to mount a reflex sight on my G3, but the plate doesn’t sit flush. Anyone else have this issue ? The plate is dove tailed to match the slide but it seems the cuts weren’t milled deep enough 🤷‍♂️

Sleeve Finger Gun accessory Gadget Auto part
Camera accessory Electronic instrument Gadget Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up putting a piece of rubber shrink in between the gap.

Has anyone else had to shim optics ?

I’m new to “ modding “ guns and not sure if certain things look “ hillbilly “ or safe , like dirt getting in between the side/ plate.

I know I can get the slide milled. Just pissed the photos on the website show it flush 🤷‍♂️ that’s the whole point of the plate, to not mill anything...

You can see the after market plate sits higher than the TORO version, the G3 also has the taller red dot. Photo is just for comparison
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Auto part
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I agree. That's a pretty loose fit alright. I mean you're usually never going to get a perfect dovetail fit with after market items but this one is sloppy & it looks like it's barely holding on. I had a similar problem with a Skinner peep sight I ordered to replace the iron sight on my Rossi mod 92 clone .22 gallery gun & the Rossi dovetail was cut too big for a tight fit for the Skinner sight. Still worked but I never trusted it.

Reactions: Newbadass and JustB

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly. It kept catching my eye like it was loose....After seeing it compared to my G3C, it irritated me enough were I ended up buying the G3 TORO conversion kit 😆

·
Registered
280 Posts
I purchased a plate to mount a reflex sight on my G3, but the plate doesn’t sit flush. Anyone else have this issue ? The plate is dove tailed to match the slide but it seems the cuts weren’t milled deep enough 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 481717 View attachment 481718 View attachment 481719
Is that a Lakeline or Gallaway Plate? I Have both, and Neither one fits That way, I felt it was just too tall , which ever one I used , I have tried it on all of my Tauries, 111G2 ,G2c( now with a G3c Toro slide) and 709, it worked on all of them , and the fit was good , what you have seems ill fitting , I modified my #01 optic plate to fit My Sig Romeo 0 optic to fit the TORO slide , works Good,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that a Lakeline or Gallaway Plate? I Have both, and Neither one fits That way, I felt it was just too tall , which ever one I used , I have tried it on all of my Tauries, 111G2 ,G2c( now with a G3c Toro slide) and 709, it worked on all of them , and the fit was good , what you have seems ill fitting , I modified my #01 optic plate to fit My Sig Romeo 0 optic to fit the TORO slide , works Good,
That’s exactly what I was wondering, even the photo on the site is flush .
It’s a Galloway plate.
I emailed them twice saying I wanted a swap, showed them photos blah blah and no response.
O well, they got their $26 out of me and lost a repeat customer.

Thanks for your input. You say the toro works on the G2C?

·
Registered
280 Posts
That’s exactly what I was wondering, even the photo on the site is flush .
It’s a Galloway plate.
I emailed them twice saying I wanted a swap, showed them photos blah blah and no response.
O well, they got their $26 out of me and lost a repeat customer.

Thanks for your input. You say the toro works on the G2C?
Yes It does, In fact it fits better then the G2c slide its self, It fits alittle tighter , feels like a new gun

·
Registered
Taurus G3
4 Posts

·
Registered
Taurus G3
4 Posts

I’m new to “ modding “ guns and not sure if certain things look “ hillbilly “ or safe , like dirt getting in between the side/ plate.

I know I can get the slide milled. Just pissed the photos on the website show it flush 🤷‍♂️ that’s the whole point of the plate, to not mill anything...

You can see the after market plate sits higher than the TORO version, the G3 also has the taller red dot. Photo is just for comparison View attachment 481732 View attachment 481733

You can see the after market plate sits higher than the TORO version, the G3 also has the taller red dot. Photo is just for comparison View attachment 481732 View attachment 481733
You could try Cyelee Red Dot with Burris G3 Mount Plate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why not try burris's mount plate on ebay. that is fit perfect, I Buy a Cyelee Eagle9 with a Burris Mount Plate. Work Perfect.
The other plates I looked at were all square cut, so I’d have to file my G3 slide from a 45 degree to a 90.
I actually bought my ADE012 with a mounting plate just to see if I wanted to try filing my slide... nope
So basically wasted 2 different plates to convince me that milling the slide or the toro conversion is the only way for a reflex.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts