Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my G3 today. My first 9mm I have owned. I have read the manual and did a thorough cleaning and oiling.

I hope to get out to the range next week to test it.

This is my 6th Taurus/Rossi firearm. I have not ever had any problems with any of my other Taurus products. I do not expect any with this one.

Bore looks perfect. Feels great. It will be for EDC and home defense.

My question: The pistol came with Mec-Gar magazines, a 17 and a 15 round. I thought Taurus made their own branded magazines or is Mec-Gar the standard mag for the G3?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just received my G3 today. My first 9mm I have owned. I have read the manual and did a thorough cleaning and oiling.

I hope to get out to the range next week to test it.

This is my 6th Taurus/Rossi firearm. I have not ever had any problems with any of my other Taurus products. I do not expect any with this one.

Bore looks perfect. Feels great. It will be for EDC and home defense.

My question: The pistol came with Mec-Gar magazines, a 17 and a 15 round. I thought Taurus made their own branded magazines or is Mec-Gar the standard mag for the G3?
That is what mine are. Even the extra ones I bought.

Reactions: ArmedDefender

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes, mine came with MecGar, also. I suppose they wanted to goto them for some of the newer non-Taurus standard magazine sizes/capacities. For instance the G2C and G3C use the older PT 111 Millenium Pro mags. Just now, I'm seeing new G2C and G3C mags with new rollmarks that just say 9mm, Made in Brazil.

And, MecGar mags impresses people, and I love the look the stupid Taurus haters give you when you tell them your "cheap" gun came with MecGars. They'll usually say something stupid like "Well, that's where most of the value is, then." smh :D

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
Yes, mine came with MecGar, also. I suppose they wanted to goto them for some of the newer non-Taurus standard magazine sizes/capacities. For instance the G2C and G3C use the older PT 111 Millenium Pro mags. Just now, I'm seeing new G2C and G3C mags with new rollmarks that just say 9mm, Made in Brazil.

And, MecGar mags impresses people, and I love the look the stupid Taurus haters give you when you tell them your "cheap" gun came with MecGars. They'll usually say something stupid like "Well, that's where most of the value is, then." smh :D
At today's ammo prices, most of the value is probably what's in the magazine!

·
8,902 Posts
Glad you came aboard. Let us know it shoots.

Reactions: ArmedDefender

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I was not aware of Mec-Gar and their quality. Learned something new today!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My new G3 is also the first 9mm I have owned and it worked great for 33 rounds and then magazine fell-out and would not longer lock in place. I called Taurus customer service who were very friendly and emailed me a FedEx label. Once the the package was delivered signed for by Taurus, it took 2.5 days for my serial # be found via the Repair Status page . A week or so later I checked today and there was the following text

"The results of your search indicated that we need more information to assist you. Please Chat with us from the bubble in the bottom right corner in this website, or call Customer Care, have your serial number available for us to quickly locate your record."

I spoke with customer care who indicated the G3 was out of speck and will ship a new replacement once they are back in stock. Then will ship it to an FFL which I suspect there will be fees which I was told are not covered by warranty. It was a bummer that it happened but happy with the customer service were nice and Taurus did honor the warranty.

·
Registered
541 Posts
He's not a new member. He's been registered since 2015....LOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts