Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can't I find any of the 15 rd g3 mags anywhere. I don't even see them listed on the Taurus website. I had this problem before when I bought a 709 slim and couldn't find mags or accessories anywhere. Needless to say , I no longer have that gun. I hope I start seeing some aftermarket options out there soon. I'm surprised they're not already out there with the popularity of the g2c. I really like the g3 but it's definitely frustrating not being able to find mags, holsters and sights. Anyone else have this problem? Or can someone point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered a xtra 17rd mag when I ordered the g3 from PSA ,didn't see the 15 offered but it might be there on a nother page

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen the 17 rounders but I can't find the 15's. I guess worst case ,I'll order a few of those. I just don't really care for the grip sleeve. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Opticplanets.com has 10 round magazines. I ordered one and its scheduled to be delivered Wednesday. I was also looking at Palmetto State Armory this morning and it looks like they are starting to carry them. They have 10 round magazines in stock and looks like the 15 round one are out of stock, but at least they are starting to show up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I've seen the 10 and 17 rd mags. I hope I start seeing the 15 rd soon. I thought it was odd that Taurus and Mec Gar don't have them listed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
"I chatted with Taurus earlier this week about it and no luck. They have no ETA at all."

Well, that sucks...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I chatted with Taurus earlier this week about it and no luck. They have no ETA at all.
Completely normal for a new Taurus gun. I don't really mind the sleeve, wish it at least worked for the 15 round one in my G2.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still can't find mags. The 17 rounder is the only one I see on the Taurus website. Doesn't give me any way of adding it to
a cart, doesn't say if it's in stock or not. Can't find them on the Mec Gar website. A few other gun mag sites are out of stock. Not the first time I've run into this problem with a Taurus handgun. Super frustrating.

·
Vendor
141 Posts
The 18 round mecgar mag for a Sig P226 is almost an exact match for the 17 round stock G3 mag, it is just a tad bit longer, about 4.5mm.

Dont have an answer for the 15 round mag yet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Since my last post I sent my 605 back again and asked about the 15. It seems like they anticipated folks wanting the 17's and not the 15's. No eta if they would ever get any, I still haven't seen a G3 locally besides the one I had sent to my FFL.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally found some of the 17's in stock at a place called Bucksnort Outfitters out of Arizona. I ordered one and I had it 3 days later. They said they would email me when they get some 15 rounders in.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I recently purchased the ProMag TAU-A6 15 round magazine for the G2C hoping it will fit the G3. Well it does however the base angle is different and it's really a 17 round magazine. It will fit 16 rounds as is or installed with a factory follower, it will hold 17. The pic with the sleeve is the G2C and without is the G3.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
I recently purchased the ProMag TAU-A6 15 round magazine for the G2C hoping it will fit the G3. Well it does however the base angle is different and it's really a 17 round magazine. It will fit 16 rounds as is or installed with a factory follower, it will hold 17. The pic with the sleeve is the G2C and without is the G3.

The Taurus base plates for G3 or G2 fit that mag? Ran into that issue with MecGar mags and the Smith & Wesson mags. The base plates aren't remotely close and I wasn't able to swap my red S&W training base plates to them since S&W has like 3/4 mag makers for essentially the same style of guns.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have tried finding 15 round mags and no luck but was able to get a 17 rounder but it $41 shipped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I finally found some 15 rounders that recently became available at GunProDeals.com. I am sure they will go quickly. 17 rounders are available there and at a few places online now as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts