Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new G2S today. I'll haul it to the range this weekend to put 150 or so rounds through it. NATO standard and homemade "roll your own" 124 grain.

Taurus G2S 9mm.jpg

I also have to throw some magnum lead downrange in my "new to me" 689.

·
Premium Member
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish they still did the actual stainless steel finish. After I did an initial cleaning it looked more grey than stainless.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
The slide is stainless, they just put a rough finish on it!...............

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
And that 689 is going to put a smile on your face!...........

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
CJS3, damn nice! Mine is just the all black...like that two-tone look! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I used to have a Slim when they first came out. I added Pearce grip extensions to make it more comfortable to shoot.

PT709 with Pearce extensions.jpg

The magazine body on the Slim looks almost exactly like the G2S magazine body, so I decided to try the Pearce extensions on the G2S. I bought a couple off ebay that were $10 for two and free shipping. Initially they fit in place of the factory bases. The locking tabs on the factory bases are round and the slots on the Pearce bases are square, but they fit right in. The only problem was that the top of the Pearce bases had be to ground down about a millimeter (more or less) for the magazine to properly lock in place. Did this by hand out in the garage using the grinding wheel on a cheap chisel sharpener. Results were pretty good, although I won't be satisfied until I can put some rounds downrange to see how recoil affects them.

G2S.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts