Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the G2S will except the magazine from the 709? I picked up a G2S but extra mags are hard to find.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The answer is no according to Taurus. The magazine is completely different

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
No ! And as an afterthought how many gun owners when buying that gun also clean their magazine ? disassemble clean out factory gunk and grit ? I also recommend this proceedure as well along with my postings of how to clean a new firearm,lots of brown gunk will come out and make for a more positive experience at the range first time !

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so on a whim I purchased a promag 10 round 709 mag it fits and cycles dummy ammunition fine, it also holds the slide open on the last round headed to the range on Friday will update on how it worked.

·
Premium Member
5,468 Posts
The answer is no according to Taurus. The magazine is completely different
Wouldn't it be great if all magazines from the same manufacturer fit all the guns of the same caliber (excepting single-stack and double-stack)? You'd think it would be cheaper to engineer once and never have to revisit it again. Does Taurus really make so much off new magazine sales that they have to change things a bit so people have to buy new?

·
Registered
380 Posts
This is a question I have been wondering too. Have four virtually new PT709 magazines that I loaded up to let sit for a couple weeks and then traded in the PT709 before I could get a chance to use them. Have played with the idea of picking up a G2S just so I could use those magazines! The base plates look a little different judging from the picture.

Let us know how the pro-mag works.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to the range today and fired the G2S with both the standard 7 rd magazines and the pro mag 10 rd mag for the PT709. The mag fit great and function just as well. In looking at the PT709 mag and the G2S mag it appears the only differance is the base plate. The G2S base plate is thicker. Thought you might want to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts