Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it's possible to purchase just the lowers for a G2C. I own a G2S and since the slide fits on either frame, I would love to have the option to swap the lowers for the larger magazine as the fancy takes me without having to fully purchase another firearm. Haven't seen any available and haven't heard back from customer service. Is this a thing?

·
32,811 Posts
Not that we know of. That would make your firearm modular and that well may not be legal since it is Taurus and they do not make interchangeable or modular change up guns. SIG has made modular guns with interchangeable frames and barrels, but it is for the same model and not something different.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
As Qwiks mentioned, there may be legal reason one can't/shouldn't do that, but having said that, your best bet (outside of just buying another gun) is going to look at gunbroker or one of the other auction sites (or possibly Armslist) - it's extremely doubtful you'll ever be able to purchase one direct from Taurus

·
Registered
37,209 Posts
heck I would bet IF, and thats not going to be an IF that is going to happen, but for the sake of a statement--IF they would sale you one I bet the cost would be more cost than you could buy a complete gun for in the retail market place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are our manners?

Welcome to the forum from Wisconsin.

Haha Thanks for the warm welcome! And thanks for the input everyone. I assumed it was a long shot and it may even seem like a whole lot of trouble for nothing for such a relatively inexpensive firearm. I was just trying to out-clever the market. My Plan B is to try to find a pretty beat up used gun-maybe one with most of the wear/damage to the slide-for a low price and just use the lowers from that as it suits my needs. Haven't really found anything fitting that description quite yet between gunbroker, armslist and the like. Holler at me if you guys know of any reliable sources that may only be known by the 'locals'. This is my first foray into the firearms aftermarket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear you. I've got no issues with the background check. I'm not trying to go off the grid or anything with the weapon. Really I was just trying to skirt my way around shelling out the money if there was a cheaper option to add features without paying full price and pushing my wife to a mental breaking point ;) Thanks for the feedback!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts