Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I’m in the market for the G2C. I’ve also been looking at the G2S as well. A lot of people say don’t bother with the G2S, because the C is not that much wider and you get 5 extra rounds. With that said, I’m currently carrying the TCP. I don’t want to go any wider than I have to ( I’m not a svelt guy). Would the G2S with a +1 be enough gun? Would the experienced folks chime in please.
Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
694 Posts
Buy the one that feels more comfortable. They are both 9mm. The M & P Shield and the new slim line of Glocks (43 & 48?) all hold 7 + 1 too so number of rounds is only one consideration. IMHO if the pistol feels comfortable you will feel confident and good results with follow regardless of the number of rounds.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
We got both models and I like the fuller grip on the G2C but the G2S goes into the waistband easier.Get them both depending on what you are wearing in the way of clothing,heck the two models still cost a lot less than my Glock !

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
The only person who can make that decision is you. But consider this: If you ever expect to be in a gunfight, how important do you think those extra 5 shots might be?

Reactions: MARINEDIVISIONTWO

·
Super Moderator
37,260 Posts
I carry the PT 111 G2 in an Alien Gear IWB at 4 o'clock...I am not a svelte body type...in other words the Pillsbury Doughboy's got nothing on me. I also own a TCP that I carry in a Sticky Holster, but really don't carry that one often.

Reactions: Lefty_Red

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I have not seen a G2S....but I believe its the same as G2C....except slightly narrower grip and less capacity. Me personally- I would choose the greater capacity.
I can promise you this....if you ever are so unfortunate that you get into a shoot out?.........one thing you will notice fairly quick- you will probably miss the target.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have the G2S, and much prefer it over the G2C. The gun simply fits my hand far better.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
If you have a small hand, then the G2S might be the gun for you.
If you can handle the very slight wider grip, then I would go with the G2C.
Why would you give up the five more rounds that the G2C has unless you couldn’t handle the grip?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
While i love my G2, and i i carried it for several years, I ended up moving to a smaller single stack nine.......it was more about the weight and comfort than anything else. As someone else above stated, if you know yo are going to a gunfight then by all means you want more ammo, but for everyday carry what are your chances for that happening.......if its just an ammo issue then get the single stack and carry and extra mag.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a PT709, PT111 G2, and the TCP. The TCP is my daily BUG. In addition, I usually carry a double stack compact 9mm, IWB, in a Foxtrotconcealment holster with a metal belt clip.

I have a large choice of carry pistols, single and double stack, from a variety of manufacturers. Without a doubt, the 111 (G2C) is the most comfortable carry gun I have, barr none! Taurus, Smith, Ruger, Beretta, Sig. included!

My advice, go with the G2C - you will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
4 Posts
6 months ago I purchased the TH9, which I enjoy shooting very much. Unfortunately at the end of the day I'm glad to take it off and put it up. (Brick)
Just ordered the G2C and it should be up for pickup any day! I chose it over the 2s basically for capacity.
You may ask if I had a th9 why I didn't get the th9c, well, it was the same price as the full size?, and I think the g2c just filled the need better. I do love my ambi hammer-fired, full sized TH tho!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have had both the G2S and the G2C. I REALLY liked the G2S, better trigger and feel in my hand. But I sold it because magazines were pretty expensive and hard to come by. I though the 709 magazines would work, but I found out they didn’t and I wasn’t going to “modify” them. Sold the G2C because I like DA/SA trigger better and awaiting on a TH9C or show up around here.

Taurus needs to get their head out of their ass and allow Mec Gar to sell Taurus magazines under the Mec Gar name. It’s cheaper and they will continue to keep making them if there is a market. When Glock and SW and Ruger are selling magazines around $20-$25 a piece, the price difference between a Taurus and others is narrowing quickly!

Rant over! Buy what fits YOUR hand the best. LOL

Lefty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts