Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came in from a cold, windy, and VERY FRUSTRATING day at the range..The frustration came, not from the weather, but whether my buddy, Ken's new G2C was a lemon or not.

Trouble was it was not firing properly. Sometimes the trigger would just pull clear through without moving the striker, sometimes the trigger would not pull through at all, and (occasionally) it would fire as intended. It seemed as though the trigger-safety was hingeing, as intended, but it was an unhappy hour.

Gun was stripped and cleaned/lubed three days ago. (Though we did not detail-strip the slide, the striker channel was flushed rigorously). It dry-fired properly - or seemed to. We used Federal 115gr JFMJ's, S&B 115FMJ, and some of my 115 FMJ reloads, so not an ammo prob. Dry-fired on snap-caps with an indicator-tape over the primer, and when it WOULD "fire" it left a proper indent on the tape. And would fire on live ammo - sometimes, as above.

We spent the next (the "last" ) hour filling two B-27 targets with holes - .22's (and 357's from my Taurus 66) - so as to not waste the staples we hung them with.

But back to the G2C - - did I read here on the forum that there were aftermarket triggers for this gun? Recommendations, anyone? Experience with this problem or the cure?

Thanks, in advance.

Flash

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Super Moderator
36,055 Posts
New gun? Just take advantage of free shipping back to the mothership and get it right. Time is money and if too much time elapses, it will be his money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would take it apart again if you haven't and check the trigger function again. It should work fine if new. But my G2C had a trigger hinge that is well documented here. The trigger would hang up on the safety a bit, but it worked fine. I eventually got a Slight Curve SAO Short Stroke Trigger from Keep Tinkering and it was the best $30 I spent. Mine is single action only but with a light short pull. It made my shooting my G2C much better.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: 777Driver
1 - 4 of 4 Posts