Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another range trip with the G2C and it continues to function flawlessly. I'm at 500ish rounds now. One other thing continues... The G2C continues to be an extremely soft shooter. To frame my comment, I've fired a wide, very wide variety of 9mm pistols and have been shooting for 40-something years. Theoretically, with two guns in the same caliber, recoil comes down to weight of said gun and whether they use the same system, as in locking breech vs blowback. Heavier gun should equal less recoil, but "felt" recoil doesn't always work out that way. The G2C, as did the G2 PT111, defies this by magically zapping recoil away. I love this gun.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, Taurus did something special with this gun. People just need to get past their Taurus Hate and try one. I mean $200-250 out the door, it's nothing for what ya get. They're working the issues with the gun out, and it's better in the G2C.

It's a nice, accurate, compact shooter :)

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I'm sure the ergonomics for your hand have a lot to do with it. Might be less so for others. Like most older shooters (myself included) you probably have less experience with poly frames than metal frames. The poly does flex under recoil which must account for some reduction in felt recoil.

Poly frames are another thing we have to add to the "theory" these days.

·
22,996 Posts
And then there's the shape and texture of the grip. A squared off grip with sharper edges is going to push those corners into your hand under recoil, which won't feel great. The Taurus is very nicely rounded, so it fits the hand well; like the difference between a church pew and the bucket seat in a sports car. The texture help prevent shifting, which punches your hand instead of pushing it. The texture on the Taurus locks it to your skin, so there's no shifting that makes it feel like the gun is punching you sharply. There's a lot going on in the area of perceived recoil.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I do pretty good with my other poly's. It's the oddball trigger. I'm getting better, but I don't get to the range much. I'm not complaining, I like the gun, just need more practice. But with 12+1, I'm allowed some misses! I carry a Kahr, 5+1, can't afford to miss much.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glenwolde, I think the fit to my hands has a lot to do with it. It has less felt recoil for me than my M2.0 4.25. I would say a G19 has a similar 'amount' of felt recoil for me except the G19 directs it more downward into the webbing of my hand, due to the grip angle - not as ergonomically pleasant. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this little wonder gun.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do pretty good with my other poly's. It's the oddball trigger. I'm getting better, but I don't get to the range much. I'm not complaining, I like the gun, just need more practice. But with 12+1, I'm allowed some misses! I carry a Kahr, 5+1, can't afford to miss much.
It's important to remember that the beginning is just takeup and the "wall" is the actual trigger pull. The long takeup is just there to accommodate a longer double action pull for the 2nd strike capability.

Reactions: PilatusTurbo

·
Super Moderator
37,282 Posts

If you are feeling a perceived "hitch" in the takeup, an issue with the earlier PT111 G2 offerings, using a hairdryer or heatgun on the side of the frame for a few minutes has been proven to smooth out that issue. Go slowly, do both sides, test and repeat if necessary. That particular issue is reported to have been corrected with later models...the "C" and the "S".

edit...I see that you have a "C" and that you said it was made in March.

·
Registered
273 Posts
loudviking said:
Blah,blah,I am buying another one, great gun!​

:D Yeah, I think I'll be getting me another G2C, also. It's just a great gun.

KJK said:
I don't know, mine has a problem hitting the target. :unknw:
I understand the trigger can be tough at first for some. It's a very loose, almost non-existent takeup to that crisp 'wall', and break. Takes getting used to, and I still have some recoil anticipation I've got to work on, here and there. Once I'm warmed up, I can drill targets pretty well up to 10 yards. I don't really train pistol beyond 10 yards too seriously.

Someone once told me, The Gun is more accurate than you are. :D I do like the grip angle on the G2C; it seems more akin to the 1911 grip angle that my Rugers tend to have, which I like more than the Glock grip angle.

Just my .02​

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's not the take up or the "hitch" (only happens at certain angles), it's the clunk at the end. I don't think it's crisp, it's a thunk. I might like it better if there was some tension. I love the trigger on my Kahr, nice even tension and then bang. I've gotten used to the G2C, I just pull the trigger back to the stop as soon as I put my finger on the trigger, then get ready for the shot. It's a pretty hard pull over that break though. I've gotten better with it, I was doing about 6" groups at 7 yards, bad day for a bad guy.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Kahr pistols do have nice triggers. I had a CW9, and although it had some drawbacks, it was a fine trigger. :)

Reactions: KJK

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don't know, mine has a problem hitting the target. :unknw:
My issue was the trying to find the perfect way to shoot the stock trigger where the blade wanted me to. Once I went JT It's a new gun again.

I was soo about to trade it off until I got that trigger.

Blah,blah,I am buying another one, great gun!
LOL I was like never again, then ended up with a M605 earlier today.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Adam, please, keep us apprised as to how well it does. That's the wheel gun I was thinking of getting someday soon, since a 686 is like blindingly expensive LOL

·
Registered
273 Posts
It really is a compact, kinda with sub-compact features. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts