Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new G2C on Monday and after dropping the mag out a few times, it began to fail to lock in place and the magazine release button and spring fell out. I was able to get them both back into place after following some videos on YouTube, but the spring won't stay caught on the nub of the release button. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Are you using the same mag ??
Sounds like the mag might be bent and pushing the spring off the button

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I just picked up a new G2C on Monday and after dropping the mag out a few times, it began to fail to lock in place and the magazine release button and spring fell out. I was able to get them both back into place after following some videos on YouTube, but the spring won't stay caught on the nub of the release button. Any suggestions?
I hate to say this, but send it back to Taurus. They should pay the shipping if you're within 30 days of purchase. Hope this isn't your only pistol.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
382 Posts
I’ve never really considered this situation before. It’s not like you can just take it back to the store to exchange for another one. Keep us up on how this plays out for you.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
I’ve never really considered this situation before. It’s not like you can just take it back to the store to exchange for another one. Keep us up on how this plays out for you.
AHH___YEP!
that is why its very , very important to throughly check out a firearm before taking ownership of it. and then hope that you do not have unforeseen problems later on if its your only firearm.
some manufactures are very, very good at repair and return--some not so much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts