Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,249 Posts
I endorse everything that has been said above about liability and public record. Don't try to repair it. Don't clean it any more than you already have. Take it back to Cabela's and see what your options are through them. Perhaps they will replace it for you and deal with Taurus. If not, contact Taurus and follow their instructions for returning it.

If Taurus even suspects that you tried to fix, alter, or repair it yourself, they will not be pleased.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi gang, new here, but not new to firearms. I've been around guns for close to two decades now. My wife bought me a Taurus G2C for Christmas. Overall, I like the size and ergonomics of the gun. I took it to the range the other day and put about 70 rounds rounds through it. I encountered something weird - A few times throughout my shooting the gun double fired (and once it triple fired). What I mean is that I pulled the trigger once and the gun fired off 2 or 3 rounds back-to-back in rapid succession. Has anyone else experienced this? I've never had another gun do this before unless it was full auto or 3-round burst capable, which this gun isn't. I'm trying to figure out if I'm bump-firing the trigger with the short release somehow or if there's a genuine problem with the trigger. I don't want to use it and then have the weapon work in a way that Im not intending.
Not sure if this is the same thing or not. I have had double fires when shooting fast, but that was due to letting off the trigger just slightly till it resets and finger pulls back a little, while bringing pistol back to target. This happened more when I tried to pin the trigger back and reset after acquiring target again or try to reset on the downward motion of getting back on target, which is bad practice anyways. But now, after a shot, I release completely and only pull when back on target. The G2C is a very light pistol and it could be just the way you are resetting the trigger. Does that make any sense?

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
Not sure if this is the same thing or not. I have had double fires when shooting fast, but that was due to letting off the trigger just slightly till it resets and finger pulls back a little, while bringing pistol back to target. This happened more when I tried to pin the trigger back and reset after acquiring target again or try to reset on the downward motion of getting back on target, which is bad practice anyways. But now, after a shot, I release completely and only pull when back on target. The G2C is a very light pistol and it could be just the way you are resetting the trigger. Does that make any sense?
I think that's what the OP was wondering when he referred to "bump fire" related to trigger control. Another poster suggested that he have someone else fire it (with only 3 rounds in the mag) to try and confirm if a gun or shooter issue.

I think a short conversation with Taurus would have that puppy headed back to the mothership in very short order. The good news is that reports have turn times reduced from historic highs. Good luck with it!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts