Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang, new here, but not new to firearms. I've been around guns for close to two decades now. My wife bought me a Taurus G2C for Christmas. Overall, I like the size and ergonomics of the gun. I took it to the range the other day and put about 70 rounds rounds through it. I encountered something weird - A few times throughout my shooting the gun double fired (and once it triple fired). What I mean is that I pulled the trigger once and the gun fired off 2 or 3 rounds back-to-back in rapid succession. Has anyone else experienced this? I've never had another gun do this before unless it was full auto or 3-round burst capable, which this gun isn't. I'm trying to figure out if I'm bump-firing the trigger with the short release somehow or if there's a genuine problem with the trigger. I don't want to use it and then have the weapon work in a way that Im not intending.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I had a Glock 17 that did that after a home trigger job, I had to reinstall the stock parts to keep it legal.
Are You the original owner of Your G2C and know if it has been worked on before, if it hasn't the factory should repair it under warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If its a new gun , its been sitting around a while. I would soak everything with Hoppe's number 9 . Work the action after letting it sit for an hour. Then test fire with different ammo. BEING VERY CAREFUL & LOADING NO MORE THEN 3 ROUNDS AT A TIME. It may fire when the slide closes.

Have seen guns double. A light trigger pull can do it. The striker/firing pin/hammer are not being caught by the sear. The disconnector needs to work correctly.

Ammo that is under powdered may not allow the gun to reset. The slide does not go fully back to the rear on firing.

The safe answer is , contact Taurus & return it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Some people would pay extra for that :D
I would

As the proud owner of a G2C since they were first released, with several hundreds rounds through it, I have ever experienced this. I have had some mis-fires with cheap ammo, but never a double or triple fire. I can't imagine you would get the "bumpstock effect" unless you hold your finger in place immediately after it fires then the recoil brings it back just enough to pull past the reset again. I usually pull all the way back each trigger pull and it fires when it fires. The short reset is short, but not so short that it can easily fire multiple rounds.

My vote is that you either bought a gun with an aftermarket trigger or there is something wrong with it. In either case, I would go back to the shop you bought it from and ask questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a Glock 17 that did that after a home trigger job, I had to reinstall the stock parts to keep it legal.
Are You the original owner of Your G2C and know if it has been worked on before, if it hasn't the factory should repair it under warranty.
Yes, I'm the original owner. I was bought new from Cabela's just month, came in the factory box and everything. I'm thinking the factory repair seems like a good bet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would

As the proud owner of a G2C since they were first released, with several hundreds rounds through it, I have ever experienced this. I have had some mis-fires with cheap ammo, but never a double or triple fire. I can't imagine you would get the "bumpstock effect" unless you hold your finger in place immediately after it fires then the recoil brings it back just enough to pull past the reset again. I usually pull all the way back each trigger pull and it fires when it fires. The short reset is short, but not so short that it can easily fire multiple rounds.

My vote is that you either bought a gun with an aftermarket trigger or there is something wrong with it. In either case, I would go back to the shop you bought it from and ask questions.
I bought it brand new from Cabela's. It's all 100% stock. I've never experienced anything like this either. I would have filmed it if we weren't under such a time crunch at the range. It happened at least once per mag. I think I'm definitely going to look into a warranty repair.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If its a new gun , its been sitting around a while. I would soak everything with Hoppe's number 9 . Work the action after letting it sit for an hour. Then test fire with different ammo. BEING VERY CAREFUL & LOADING NO MORE THEN 3 ROUNDS AT A TIME. It may fire when the slide closes.

Have seen guns double. A light trigger pull can do it. The striker/firing pin/hammer are not being caught by the sear. The disconnector needs to work correctly.

Ammo that is under powdered may not allow the gun to reset. The slide does not go fully back to the rear on firing.

The safe answer is , contact Taurus & return it.
The interesting thing is that we had another G2C at the range firing the same kind of ammo and that gun didn't experience this issue at all. Ammo is always somewhat hard to get around here, but it's definitely worth a couple test fires with different brands. Maybe I can get it on video this time.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Have to say, owning both a G2S and G3C other than some early failure to go into battery with hollow points on the G3C, the front sight flying off on the 3C and yet again on the 3C the mag release button falling out (maybe was my fault BTW) really been fine. The G2S has been the flawless not a single mishap or failure of any kind and re the G3C right now I am considering those things minor annoyances but certainly not "trouble"

·
9,354 Posts
Sorry to hear about your G2C. There maybe some junk in the striker channel, holding the striker forward. But other than that, you are having a disconnector problem and that means a trip back to Taurus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to hear about your G2C. There maybe some junk in the striker channel, holding the striker forward. But other than that, you are having a disconnector problem and that means a trip back to Taurus.
I'm meticulous about keeping my firearms cleaned. Granted, I didn't clean it before firing it this time because I assumed that it would be clean from the factory, but I suppose anything it possible. I didn't see any debris in it when I was cleaning it post-shooting.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm meticulous about keeping my firearms cleaned. Granted, I didn't clean it before firing it this time because I assumed that it would be clean from the factory, but I suppose anything it possible. I didn't see any debris in it when I was cleaning it post-shooting.
Taurus is notorious for shipping with tons of grease in their firearms, expecting that they may sit on a shelf for a while. First order of business is strip it with a good cleaner and oil it up. Then try again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have to say, owning both a G2S and G3C other than some early failure to go into battery with hollow points on the G3C, the front sight flying off on the 3C and yet again on the 3C the mag release button falling out (maybe was my fault BTW) really been fine. The G2S has been the flawless not a single mishap or failure of any kind and re the G3C right now I am considering those things minor annoyances but certainly not "trouble"
Just had a mag release, spring & magazine fall out of a 1 year old G3C 9MM. First shot of the day. Strange. G3C mag release, spring & magazine fell out of gun...

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
After a very thorough cleaning, paying particular attention to the trigger group, if it still continues to double fire, I would suspect a trigger sear problem.

·
Registered
15,009 Posts
Since you made this post and this issue is now a matter of record, I would suggest you contact Taurus and get the gun fixed by them.

Even if you somehow clean something and it appears that you have fixed the issue, it could come back to haunt you later.

Say you are involved in a self-defense shooting and the gun goes full auto injuring a bystander?

When they dig through your internet history and find this, they will have nice proof you knew your gun had an issue and carried it anyway.

You don't want that liability.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,710 Posts
Forehead Face Head Eye Eyebrow

·
Registered
37,336 Posts
go immediately to Taurus for repair, don't pass go, don't wait for the get out of jail card, just do it--NOW!
the ONLY weapons that i have ever experienced that would do this new out of the box was the old COBRA of the 1970-80's they would on occasion go full auto for a few rounds then not do it again for quite some time, course this company was put out of business by the feds for these problems and quite a few other Grey area things.
its way to much of a liability to guess on, get the Manufacture to check it out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts