Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , new here and I just bought myself a g2c. I'm pretty impressed so far, trigger is gonna take some time to get used to but otherwise it's great.

I have noticed mine seems to like 124 and 147gr loads best, what's everyone carrying?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hello all , new here and I just bought myself a g2c. I'm pretty impressed so far, trigger is gonna take some time to get used to but otherwise it's great.

I have noticed mine seems to like 124 and 147gr loads best, what's everyone carrying?
I carry Hornady American Gunner 115 grain xtp hollow points. they shoot the most accurate from my G2C. They group better than range ammo, the 124, 135, and 147 I have tried all shot great and accurate but just not as good as the 115.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am a die hard Speer Gold Dot fan for duty ammo.
Brass and Aluminum case work like magic 115, 124 or 147 no issues.

The only ammo my G2 did not like was the steel case Winchester crap FTE every shot

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
I carry with Winchester Defend JHP rounds, 147gr.

They're designed for short-barreled guns using a quicker burning powder to get as much velocity as possible out of the short barrel.

Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I carry standard pressure 124gr HST in my 9mm pistols... Sans my 19 which I run 124gr PDX1 +P ... I really hadn't ran my SD9 thru the paces ... Im awaiting the arrival of my G2 . If its like my past PT111's , it will be fed 124gr HST also ...

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Black Hills 124gr HoneyBadger....................

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I load my own Hollow Base Hollow Point 115 grain pushed with 4.3 grains ETR7 and Magnum primers., Hollow base think Minnie Ball Base swells catches rifling allowing minimum blow by, ergo better seal minimal blow by increasing speed/accuracy and hollow point well just because I care to send with love hahhaahhahahahahah....Some call them Target Hollow well if you want to silhouette pose thats your business mine is shooting.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
For target shooting, 115gr Blazer brass.

Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
For carry: Sig V-Crown 124g Jacketed Hollow Point

For the range: Same as BigC above ^: Blazer Brass 115gr. My club does not allow steel cased ammo.

Welcome from Plano, TX.

Reactions: bigC

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the new G2C! I carry Speer Gold Dots in mine, mainly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts