Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it's another Yeager video! :-\ Even though I don't own a G2C I was interested to see the results of his running Taurus guns in one of his classes. He did also have 1 TH9 that was ran in the class too. Seems like Taurus faired pretty well in his test. I do agree that the one broken ejector was probably due to abuse in setting up the failure drill. Anyway check out the video to see how things went with the G2C and 1 TH9.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Sorry I didn't see that you posted this, I just posted the same thing in the Firingline!
Opp's............
Mods, could you please remove mine, I am but a small fry.................

·
Administrator
40,277 Posts
Sorry I didn't see that you posted this, I just posted the same thing in the Firingline!
Opp's............
Mods, could you please remove mine, I am but a small fry.................
Closed yours and linked to this page.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Thank you!

Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Could someone give my the Clif Notes version? I can't watch his videos, I do NOT like his style.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good video. Kudos to Yeager for making an honest video of how the Taurus performed in his two day class.
I liked this style of format in which the video is largely the students describing the performance of the handgun.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could someone give my the Clif Notes version? I can't watch his videos, I do NOT like his style.

Yea I took the "hit" for TA.net by watching his videos and posting them here! :) He is different that's for sure.

If I remember right there was a total of 10 Taurus pistols in the class, 8 G2C, 1 G2, 1 TH9. The biggest issue was magazine related but the mag issue was caused by the "Tennessee dirt", I guess it's very powdery and causes a lot of trouble, and not just with the Taurus mags but other brands too. What it came down to was some folks chose not to clean the mags after the first day of training and it caused feeding problems.

The only other issue was 1 broken ejector on a G2C. I agree with Yeager and the students assessment that the ejector was broken by the way the student over did the setup for working on failure drills.

And I like Whittsailor's comment about a lot of the video was the students evaluation of their experience with the pistols.

Other than that the guns ran great and had no other issues. Personally I wish they would have had a couple more TH9s!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Good video. Kudos to Yeager for making an honest video of how the Taurus performed in his two day class.
I liked this style of format in which the video is largely the students describing the performance of the handgun.
If it's mostly the students I might be able to tolerate it.
Thanks Darbo.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have both the G2C and the TH9....

....and I find that the TH9 is far nicer (for me, anyway).

IMG_1989.JPG

I'd say that the main reasons I prefer the TH9 is that it's SA/DA....and hammer-fired.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Thanks for the video! Man, maybe it's just me, but were there a lot of "Chubsters" in that pistol class or what?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I had posted this a few days ago.

The most significant point to me is that Yeager started out--like everyone--extremely negative about this gun (he had actually told some students they'd never get through his course with it) and discovered that it performed as well on his course as any other.

I was especially impressed that he takes several minutes at the beginning of the video to explain that the problems you'll hear expressed about the G2 are common to all guns on his course, and that most were user-error. He actually said "lazy" with regard to cleaning the magazines.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's funny. I linked that video review to someone who was telling me about how the G2C is a terrible pistol. He shot back with "Yeager is an assclown, even less of a reason for me to buy that gun".

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's funny. I linked that video review to someone who was telling me about how the G2C is a terrible pistol. He shot back with "Yeager is an assclown, even less of a reason for me to buy that gun".
He isn't entirely wrong. It does baffle me though when people say that "Taurus are awful, you should get a Glock". They are literally made out of the same stuff, and have a very similar design. Nobody who ever tried to explain why a Glock is better has come up with anything more than "I like this or that better" or "It's a Taurus so Glock MUST be better, or more reliable".

Really a lot of people are buying the G2 series pistol. If mine was crap I would say so.

·
Registered
112 Posts
He isn't entirely wrong. It does baffle me though when people say that "Taurus are awful, you should get a Glock". They are literally made out of the same stuff, and have a very similar design. Nobody who ever tried to explain why a Glock is better has come up with anything more than "I like this or that better" or "It's a Taurus so Glock MUST be better, or more reliable".

Really a lot of people are buying the G2 series pistol. If mine was crap I would say so.
I think the natural price-point for high quality professional duty autoloaders is around the $350 mark. If you notice, that's what the S&W M&P2.0s, XDs, and even some Sigs are going for these days since we got Trump in office. Glocks price themselves around the $550 mark because they have the history and the marketing cachet to pull it off, and there are plenty of people who don't know better and keep buying them. Glocks nowadays really don't offer much more to justify their upmarket prices (and I like Glocks).

Taurus pricing the G2C around the $200 mark is about right for the quality you are getting. I am okay with that. I paid close to $300 for my old PT709, which is basically a G2S back in 2015 when Obama was president, and it is an excellent single stack 9mm. Taurus is making money selling their G2Cs all day long around $200 and I am happy for them. I hope they can continue putting out high quality, reasonably priced firearms going forward and get away from the spotty reputation they've had for the past 15 years. Seeing how good their new TX-22 is doing, they seem to be getting things right. I would be great if they brought out a Glock 19 competitor in the near future that offers the reliability and performance of the G2C, with the looks and trigger of the TX-22, at a price point around $250. That would be a game-changer for Taurus.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think the natural price-point for high quality professional duty autoloaders is around the $350 mark. If you notice, that's what the S&W M&P2.0s, XDs, and even some Sigs are going for these days since we got Trump in office. Glocks price themselves around the $550 mark because they have the history and the marketing cachet to pull it off, and there are plenty of people who don't know better and keep buying them. Glocks nowadays really don't offer much more to justify their upmarket prices (and I like Glocks).

Taurus pricing the G2C around the $200 mark is about right for the quality you are getting. I am okay with that. I paid close to $300 for my old PT709, which is basically a G2S back in 2015 when Obama was president, and it is an excellent single stack 9mm. Taurus is making money selling their G2Cs all day long around $200 and I am happy for them. I hope they can continue putting out high quality, reasonably priced firearms going forward and get away from the spotty reputation they've had for the past 15 years. Seeing how good their new TX-22 is doing, they seem to be getting things right. I would be great if they brought out a Glock 19 competitor in the near future that offers the reliability and performance of the G2C, with the looks and trigger of the TX-22, at a price point around $250. That would be a game-changer for Taurus.
The firearms market is a very competitive place. A lot of the reason why armies and police agencies bought the Glock is because Glock would sell them pistols at, or close to, cost. The idea being that it would make good publicity, and it worked. Open a page on a magazine, and there you see a G17 and under it "Used by more police and armys than any other!" I heard somewhere that they originally meant their pistols to be cheap.

Reactions: pradeep1
1 - 20 of 20 Posts