Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still haven't gotten to shoot one yet, but finally got my hands on one last weekend. It was the .40 but it shouldn't mater, right? My question is about the trigger. Well, maybe it's not a question. The trigger, when I dry fired it seemed very sticky. Not smooth at all. Is that the way these are, or was it possibly due to packing grease from the factory or dust from sitting? Just curious. I don't want an outside issue deter me from looking further into this gun. I still really want to like it, but the trigger pull that I experienced would make me look elsewhere. Right now I'm also looking at the SR9c and XD9sc and Ruger 9E.
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
When mine was new there was no grit in the trigger... it was always butter smooth though long with a crisp break.... may just needed cleaning.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'd say they have one of the better triggers on a poly gun. Normally I hate the trigger shoes on these types of guns, but the one on the G2 is incredibly subtle. i don't even feel that pesky trigger shoe on this gun, AND the rest of it is pretty smooth too. Don't know why you'd be feeling that, but, like trooperc7 said, must need cleaning.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
My G2 24/7 trigger felt like crap from day 1, I sold it. Never did smooth out after several cleanings and workout.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My G2 trigger was a little gritty on the break at first, but it went away on its own and is even smoother now that I sanded (a little) and polished the sear and striker.

Most people love their G2s and have no problems. Most just don't bother to come on here and say it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My trigger on the .40 was smooth. A good cleaning would do it. Now it is a little loose (trigger) so I had to get use to my finger placement on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own 2 24 7 g2 .45. Both had very gritty triggers when I got the first one. ..i just picked up my second one today. Even thought the trigger feels gritty it's never effects my shooting. I did a trigger job on the first gun and mirror polished contact surfaces on the action bar firing pin and firing pin block and made a huge difference! Gonna do that to my new one as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mine also is very smooth. You just have to give it a good cleaning. The takeup is kind of long but the rest for the next shot is very short. They doesn't jump very much so you get a really fast follow up shot. This last summer I shot a Prairie Dog in the head at 20 yrds and that was before the laser. I wouldn't trade my G2 for any other gun.

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
Both of mine were smooth as buttered glass right out of the box.

As has been suggested, yours just probably needs a good cleaning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts