Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
So what i read was : Reacll on .45 acp ammo if you own a ( snicker) Glock. If you own anything else, then don't even bat an eyelash about it.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Interesting that it does not specify any Generation of Glock either?
and a little off subject , but I just don't buy into this ammo anyway, but as we know self defense ammo is a personal choice, usually based on manufactures claims, the name on the last blimp you saw, the recommendation of a Gun shop Clerk, or Police officer TOM that lives down the street anyway.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
45 is a low pressure round and the Glocks chambered in 45 ACP are not known to be prone to trouble with other ammo.

I think there is more to the story - and I hope it sees the light of day.

Anyone with a Glock in 45 shooting this stuff - anyone?!
I'm still chuckling at the design and selling techniques of RIP. None on my shelf - HAR!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
I saw a gel block with the RIP shot into it sitting on display at a local gun store.
Now the gel block didn't appear as a real gel block to me?
but anyway it showed the RIP disintergrating into very small shards of metal at about 5-6 inches only the tip was still penetrating, which Is a very small thing too.
I guess the tip went maybe 10-12 inches?
It appeared as this was actually a display provided by RIP as it had the logo all over it.
the gun clerk was just on an on and on about the way it fragmented.
I started to ask a few "well yea but what about" and then figured what the heck, why waste time, It was obvious he was caught up in the advertising.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
when will they finally bury the RIP ammo concept?
ARG - they are still blowing their own horn pretty hard:

"The Radically Invasive Projectile (R.I.P.) by G2 Research is the ultimate hollow point ammunition, designed to maximize the dissipation of energy and defeat all major obstacles in the path to the target. It is, literally, the last round you'll ever need.

...the patent pending high-tech TROCAR geometry, a design that creates a unique turbulence that along with the center of mass, stabilize the projectile and produce a hole saw effect that defeats obstacles such as plywood, glass, sheetrock, cinderblock, and more.

Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing...

Maximum expansion through light or heavy clothing as opposed to other self defense rounds that do not expand at all.

...have introduced the TRIDENT, their first non-fragmenting expanding round that puts all other mushrooming rifle rounds to shame!"

At OVER $2.00 per shot it better pierce underground bunkers too.

TTAG took them to task debunking their TROCAR Technology with some real world testing.

It's criminal for them to be making SD claims Soooooooo far from the truth. I pulled the above blather from a few of their info sources. Poppycock!!

*Sheet Metal....

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
It makes sense to me, the first place any over pressure issues are going to surface with ammo will be in a Glock.

Due to the barrel design flaw, Glocks have less over pressure safety head room than any other gun make on the market. With a barrel design that leaves the case head of the cartridge unsupported, or at least less supported than other barrel designs, a Glock is much more likely to go "Kaboom" than other make guns.

Reactions: rifleshooter

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Ok, so lemme get this straight. If you're not smart enough to buy a real gun, why should we believe that you would be smart enough to buy real usable ammo? This has Darwin award written all over it.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I could just see a DA having a grand old time prosecuting someone who used ammo that was named RIP. He would definitely claim that your intent was not to stop the attack but to kill ! It would not necessarily make it the truth but would just give them more 'ammo" to use against you in court !

·
22,034 Posts
but anyway it showed the RIP disintergrating into very small shards of metal at about 5-6 inches only the tip was still penetrating, which Is a very small thing too.
I guess the tip went maybe 10-12 inches?
It appeared as this was actually a display provided by RIP as it had the logo all over it.
Don't you love it when a company is so ignorant that they publish proof of their own ineffectiveness, and proudly slather their logo all over it?

Buy stupidly designed, flashy boutique ammo, and don't be surprised when it turns out to have problems.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
wow...this has to be the dagger to end this company
Probably, since this ammo was mostly purchased by Glock owners.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts