Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm liking the new G2 milpros, and thinking about maybe picking the 9mm up, but do have a few questions.

1) front sight: Is it a screw-in, dovetail, or other? Basically can you change out the site with a fiber optic or tritium? Anyone looked at doing so yet?

2) Decocker? Does it have the decocker function built into the 24/7 or is it still a SA/DA with SA only option for first round?

Oddly enough, my brother just put one on layaway at the local shop, but I'm impatient and don't feel like waiting for him to get his out before my questions are answered. Also a bit jealous he found one before me.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I don't think Taurus ever puts the decocker on the MilPro whether new or older model. If you want/like the decocker, you'd better go with the 24/7 G2C.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Switchback, I've asked the same decocker question in another current thread. One guy states that it does decock like the 24/7, but I've yet to verify that. As for the front sight, not sure. Being fairly new to firearms this was a feature I didn't investigate enough. I'm used to a hammer with a decocker safety.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Guys,

I'm liking the new G2 milpros, and thinking about maybe picking the 9mm up, but do have a few questions.

1) front sight: Is it a screw-in, dovetail, or other? Basically can you change out the site with a fiber optic or tritium? Anyone looked at doing so yet?

2) Decocker? Does it have the decocker function built into the 24/7 or is it still a SA/DA with SA only option for first round?
1) The front sight is screwed in from the bottom. I replaced the plastic sight with a metal tritium sight from a Walther PPS. The post has to be filed down to fit in the hole in the slide.

2) No, the MilPro G2 does not have a decocker.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome guys, good to know. Personally, I don't mind not having the decocker, but it is a cool feature. And its good to know we can swap out the sights. it will be interesting to know which sights we can start using without manual modifications.

Denny, Did you just have to file down the length, or width of the post? wondering how secure of a fit without affecting the aim it would be. Glad to know there is already a tritium work around for these wonderful new guns.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Denny, Did you just have to file down the length, or width of the post? wondering how secure of a fit without affecting the aim it would be. Glad to know there is already a tritium work around for these wonderful new guns.
Just the length. The only reason I used the Walther sight is because I had it lying around. It's difficult to find a front sight only. I emailed a few places to see if I they sold just the front sight and didn't get any replies.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Awesome guys, good to know. Personally, I don't mind not having the decocker, but it is a cool feature. And its good to know we can swap out the sights. it will be interesting to know which sights we can start using without manual modifications.
Yep, the decocker is a nice feature but I don't use it often. I love the DA/SA trigger on the 24/7 G2, though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I noticed last night that the rear sight sits crooked, with the right side being a little higher. Has anyone else noticed this on their Mil G2? Is it something I should be concerned with?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I noticed last night that the rear sight sits crooked, with the right side being a little higher. Has anyone else noticed this on their Mil G2? Is it something I should be concerned with?
On mine, the left side was chipped. Called Taurus and they sent a new sight out.
The sights are rather inexpensive plastic. I also noticed the dots not being level. I just stuck some nitesters on to correct the problem.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So i'm guessing the sights are standard replaceable stuff? If so, what type or brand to replace with? Sorry, i'm still fairly new to firearms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts