Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone found a OWB holster thats a true fit for the G2 9MM 17rd 4.2" yet? I am looking for one for IDPA use. The closest I have yet to here is the Blackhawk Serpa CQC. Is this still the case?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Has anyone found a OWB holster thats a true fit for the G2 9MM yet? I am looking for one for IDPA use. The closest I have yet to here is the Blackhawk Serpa CQC. Is this still the case?
First, Welcome aboard, and Greetings from DFW.

I have the G2C-45, and a Theis IWb holster that has belt loops for OWB wear. Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters.

·
Registered
61 Posts
First of all, more welcomes from Fort Worth. Yee-hah. I am very pleased with how the Blackhawk that was said to be for the Springfield XDM fits on my 24/7 G2 .45 compact, which has the 3.7" barrel I believe. I have been using the "paddle" configuration on it. Have not tried the belt loop version yet.
Tom

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for feedback on the holsters.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the Blackhawk Serpa for the 24/7 G2 9mm and when I first started using it it was a little tight. Good retention, hard to draw. I had to heat it up with a hair dryer, and squeeze it to spread it out a little. Other than that, I carry it every day without a problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you can't get access to the g2 specific Blackhawks cqc the standard 24/7 fits just as well as if it was made for the g2. I tried it out at two local shops with the standard g1 holster.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks I will check it out. My brother inlaw bought one off of Ebay that was an older factory 24/7 LVL II retention holster that fit his 24/7 Pro perfectly. I tried my G2 in it and it was crazy tight. I would have to very forefully push it in and drawing was a joke. I imagine I could sand the inside and or heat it up but I was hopeing to get more of a out of the box fit. I am just gonna head down to the LGS and try some out. But this at least gives me a good starting point. Thanks alot for all the feedback.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong. I thought you could adjust tightness on the cqc holsters?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can tighten and loosen the CQC holsters. The one that I mentioned above that fit the 24/7 Pro was way to tight at max looseness for the G2.

But as an update I did purchase a holster. The blackhawk serpa CQC for the Springfield XD does fit pretty much perfectly. I just need to tighten it up a little like you said above.

Thanks again for the post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts