Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my owners manual it says nothing about pulling the trigger to get the slide off the grip, but i have to just like the old PT111 milpro, has anyone figured out how to get the slide off with out pulling the trigger? also in the owners manual it shows the security lock key for the slide with a screwdriver for sight adjustment attched to it, has anyone elses came with the bc mine did not, Thanks - Brian

· Registered
189 Posts
Mine has 2 keys, I found out about the trigger pull on one of the videos . Not in the fricken manual . I fought it till I saw the vid.

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine came with 2 keys but neither had the screwdriver tip like the one in the manual picture... so i guess we still have to pull the trigger just like the other milpros... kinda wish they would get away from that im not a fan of dry fire... not just for harm to the gun but saftey issues also

· Registered
2,195 Posts
just got mine a few days ago. had 2 sets of keys. both have the security on one end. other ends on each were different. one had a punch, the other a screwdriver type end. you have to pull the trigger, Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
Tool Everyday carry
the manual only shows an arrow pointing to the trigger pull to release the slide.

· Registered
140 Posts
Trigger pull for disassembly is pretty common in striker fired pistols. The M&P line has a decocking lever you can push, but glock and springfield XD (not XDM) both require to pull the trigger for disassembly if I remember correctly.

I kind of assumed you would have to pull the trigger when I bought my PT145, just from tearing down a Glock and other pistols.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.