Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PT111 & PT140 both are G1's. Other than the fact that a G2 & G2 magazines will not work in my G1, what else is different? Do they all have the same dimensions? Reason I'm asking is I'm looking for some IWB holsters and all I'm finding are ones for the G2 & G3.

Thanks

·
Administrator
35,172 Posts
Okay - there was never anything officially called a G1. Here is the layout of the different generations.....

circa 2000 - the Taurus Millenium was released. This is what you referred to as the "G1" as it was the first generation, and pre-dated the Mil Pro. Double action only with heavy long trigger pull.

The Millenium Pro generation 2 was released a few years later, the gun was very different to the careful observer, and the mags changed as well. Double action only with heavy long trigger pull.

The Millenium Pro generation 3 was released a couple of years after that, ushering in the second strike capability, and the action changed to SA/DA with a pretty light trigger pull. Mags are the same as the second gen pistols. Sights went from screw-down to dovetail.

G2 is a reboot of the previous Millenium and Millenium Pro guns, and the 24/7 line. They primarily have a DA/SA trigger pull, the first round being double action and subsequent shots being single action. The magazine changed again with this release.

Reactions: Jarhead6541

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Just a note, the new Millennium G2 is not a pro nor has pro in the name.... The G2 is a new animal and G2 does not stand for gen 2. First you had the Pt111 then came the pt111 gen2.. next the pt111 gen 3....lastly the new G2.not gen 2.

·
Administrator
35,172 Posts
Just a note, the new Millennium G2 is not a pro nor has pro in the name.... The G2 is a new animal and G2 does not stand for gen 2. First you had the Pt111 then came the pt111 gen2.. next the pt111 gen 3....lastly the new G2.not gen 2.
Yeah, I edited my initial post and I think it's correct now. ;)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Okay - there was never anything officially called a G1. Here is the layout of the different generations.....

circa 2000 - the Taurus Millenium was released. This is what you referred to as the "G1" as it was the first generation, and pre-dated the Mil Pro. Double action only with heavy long trigger pull.

The Millenium Pro generation 2 was released a few years later, the gun was very different to the careful observer, and the mags changed as well. Double action only with heavy long trigger pull.

The Millenium Pro generation 3 was released a couple of years after that, ushering in the second strike capability, and the action changed to SA/DA with a pretty light trigger pull. Mags are the same as the second gen pistols. Sights went from screw-down to dovetail.

G2 is a reboot of the previous Millenium and Millenium Pro guns, and the 24/7 line. They primarily have a DA/SA trigger pull, the first round being double action and subsequent shots being single action. The magazine changed again with this release.
texastaurusguy seems to have it all laid out for you. The only thing I do not agree with is the trigger pull in the highlighted sentence. The pt111 G2 has a SA/DA action. The first shot is taken in SA, and all remaining shots are in SA until a round fails to fire, reverting the pistol to DA for the second strike.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Texastaurusguy, you might want to look at these postings on a Taurus facebook page and correct any errors. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2483734975/

·
Registered
100 Posts
texastaurusguy seems to have it all laid out for you. The only thing I do not agree with is the trigger pull in the highlighted sentence. The pt111 G2 has a SA/DA action. The first shot is taken in SA, and all remaining shots are in SA until a round fails to fire, reverting the pistol to DA for the second strike.
DADILLAC You got it exactly right , and probably the only one that I have read ,to explain it correctly .

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
G5 coming out at Shot Show this week... Curved, yet invisible, comes with ever-lasting ammo (gun automagically reloads after you shoot it) and has built-in ferimones (and laser and light) to attract opposite sex... Just like the '67 Vette with leather seats, headers and 8-track. Gun also transforms into a cell phone when you don't need it and has a built in multi-tool and emergency h2o filter straw. I have too much time on my hands...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts