Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On February 28, 2013 the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ association voted unanimously to end the recognition of Arizona concealed weapon permits. Effective the date of this release the State of Nevada will no longer recognize
Arizona concealed weapon permits. www.handgunlaw.us will be updated later this evening to reflect this change in who honors who. You can read the News Release Here: http://nvrepository.state.nv.us/Docs/PR_2013-03-01_ArizonaRecognition.pdf

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Now thats just plain dumb. They quit honoring Utahs also. Any state that has CCW should honor all states that have CCW.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
They never did honor a Texas' CCL. Why? I never could figure it out. It doesn't make any sense. Maybe the EPA needs to check for contamination from California.

By the way, I agree that a CCL should be a CCL no matter where you go. In fact, I'd like to see more uniformity in gun laws across the board. Right now, if you travel, the whole situation is just a confusing mess.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Well that stinks.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Possible money grab? If they don't honor other States' CCW's then you have to pay for their's. What if all the other States stopped honoring all the bogus Inc.'s, LLC's, etc. that are out of Nevada and forced them to file incorporation papers in their home states. I think Nevada would feel that pinch.

·
Registered
589 Posts
That sucks. After getting my VA resident CCL, I was going to apply for an AZ CCL in order to fill in a few gaps not covered by a VA resident one. At least, Alabama & GA would still be covered by an AZ one, at least for now.

I guess NV is trying to be a little California.

On February 28, 2013 the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ association voted unanimously to end the recognition of Arizona concealed weapon permits. Effective the date of this release the State of Nevada will no longer recognize
Arizona concealed weapon permits. www.handgunlaw.us will be updated later this evening to reflect this change in who honors who. You can read the News Release Here: http://nvrepository.state.nv.us/Docs/PR_2013-03-01_ArizonaRecognition.pdf

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Just don't get the Feds involved!
Amen Rod!!!!

As nice as it would be to have something uniform, with the feds running it it won't stay that way for long.

Soon we'd have restrictions on caliber, magazine size, no evil semi autos, no assault revolvers... Once DC gets their head in the door, bring on the over regulation!

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Possible money grab? If they don't honor other States' CCW's then you have to pay for their's. What if all the other States stopped honoring all the bogus Inc.'s, LLC's, etc. that are out of Nevada and forced them to file incorporation papers in their home states. I think Nevada would feel that pinch.
Utah doesn't require range certification thats why on Utah, Funny I bet them boys shoot better than half the applicants here! Arizona doesn't require a CCW.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Their site says the State recognizes the Arizona CHL as of October 1, 2012 per State Statute: Sheriffs and Chiefs Association.

Why would AZ be approved if the AZ training requirement were substantially changed in 2010? Someone in NV drop the ball? Makes little sense.

This is also a good reason for not changing Texas' CHL training requirements.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
It's all very screwy! My Iowa permit covers 28 states, but not the state of Mn. which is the only place I actually go on a regular basis... So, now I'm looking at getting a Utah permit, that does cover Mn... That's just messed up, but everybody has to make their money right?

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Webmaster is related to Reid.
I dug a little deeper and it becomes even more schizophrenic! First, training instructors in Las Vegas report to the DPS that Arizona's training requirements are less than Nevada's. Then DPS informs the Sheriff's and Chief's Association who immediately check and "discover" the training requirements have been reduced. Now, why isn't Texas' license accepted? The training is substantially similar and the shooting qualifications are higher.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I don't know but shouldn't there be a standardized training regimen that everyone will accept so your permits could be accepted nation-wide?

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Wouldn't the legislature be who decides this or has the Nevada legislature abdicated?
As I understand it, the Sheriff's and Chief's Association is the designated regulatory body, working with NVDPS to certify other States' training programs and acceptance of out-of-state CHL permits.

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Well, Georgia has NO handgun training or shooting class requirements but still reciprocate with both Az and Nv. Both states are listed as Shall Issue. Dunno what they look at - maybe they look over their shoulders into a mirror (think about it) for inspiration.

I think it comes down to how danged difficult a state legislature tries to make it or how gun friendly they want to be. I do know that the Georgia legislature continues to plink out pro-gun legislation periodically (making more gun friendly and less gun free zones, for example) in the face of what is happening elsewhere in the nation. Do we have anti-gun politicians? Of course we do, every state has them; we just seem to have more who are pushing for pro-gun momentum than those who oppose it

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
MO has reciprocity with 38 states and ( iirc) recognizes the same number. States dropping that recognition is a move in the wrong direction and a crack in the united rights that bind states together. I hope this does not become a trend in the battle to maintain gun rights. States should communicate and meet on mutually acceptable terms to maintain the reciprocal agreements. We do not need any more islands of civil rights than we have today. The country is fractured enough ( too much) as it stands.

Reactions: MTPOCKETS
1 - 20 of 22 Posts