·
Registered
185 Posts
Looked huge on that spokeswoman.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks half as big on 200 lb man as a 100 lb woman. LOL. Sure is comfortable......guess it's not for lookie lou's.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like the idea, just seems to be very obviouse on the spokeswomen.

Can you post a picture of it on you?

Maybe it's just the scale that is throwing it off?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do a search here for "sneaky Pete"......pics r there. The Bulldog is about 1/2" shorter than the Sneaky Pete. Is it obvious that it's a gun holster?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I searched and found a few threads on the SP holster as well as a few pics.

I showed them to my wife and asked her if it appeared to be a case for a phone, PDA, etc...

She stated that it was to large to be phone case and looked out of place.

IDK, if it's working for you then I guess that's all that really matters.

I think I'll look into a different option.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't argue the fact that it does conceal a gun and conceals it very comfortably. Wish Texas would go "open carry"....if they did, problem solved. LOL

·
Registered
185 Posts
It does indeed conceal your sidearm. No argument there.

In fact, our disscussion intrigued me to do some further investigation. So I searched You Tube for a few videos of the Bulldog holster.

I watched a few different videos. The holster in a few of them looked to be much smaller. Sized for a single stack 380 perhaps?

One particular video did a good job of showing how to draw the sidearm from the holster. But it looked to me like a lot of training would be required to build the motor memory skills neccassary to be comfortable in the fact that one could repeat the drill in an emergency situation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There r 2 sizes of the Bulldog vertical holster......the smaller one for .380 single stack pistols and the slightly larger one (photos above) that holds the PT111G2 9MM perfectly.

Not sure what u mean about "a lot of training would be required"......on my second try I think I had my G2 drawn in about a second. Pretty simple.....as your hand/thumb rises, your thumb opens the flap and as your hand continues to rise, your fingers grasp the G2's grip......the motion is very natural. Other than opening the flap, it's basically like drawing a gun from an open carry OWB holster. Re-holstering is just as quick/simple/easy as drawing and can be done without looking at/feeling for the holster.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The video featuring the smaller version of the Bulldog carries the sidearm muzzle to the rear and the sidearm upside down.

It required the user to insert his fingers into holes on the bottom of the holster to raise and rotate the sidearm into position to be drawn while symaltainiously useing your thumb as you described to open the flap.

Just seems like a lot to exicute during a high stress situation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The holster u r referring to is a totally different holster (barrel horizontal) than the holster I'm referring to. There r 2 different sizes/model numbers of the barrel vertical Bulldog holster (muzzle in the traditional "down" position). The holster in my above pics is the larger vertical Bulldog (holds the PT111G2 perfectly. Bulldog makes 2 styles of .380 holsters....one vertical and one horizontal. Bulldog does not offer a horizontal holster for the PT111G2, only a .380. The OWB horizontal holster still seems like it would be a quicker draw than a tucked IWB. Neither would be as quick a draw as the vertical OWB holster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts