Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

From California here, yes, yes, I know, restrictive state and all that. I have a Firestorm .45, a Bersa 9mm, a Kel-Tech Su-16, and a Ruger 10/22. All of them are good shooters. Haven't had any problems with any of them. I am into medium to budget priced shooters as you might see in my collection. I know that some people swear that only $1000+ dollar Kimbers or Wilson Combats qualify as quality arms, but I think that quality arms can be found at a reasonable price too. I have heard a lot of good things about Taurus firearms and have been doing some investigating. I am hoping to add to my collection fairly soon. I am most interested in the 24/7 line although the 145's look really good too. The 111 might be a good one for the wife although I am not too sure about the DAO.

·
Administrator
40,663 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
caliman73, welcome to Taurus Armed from Vegas! I have the 24/7 45 ACP and the PT145. Both are great.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri !!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
You'll be well served by the Taurus line, as diverse as it is, it has something for virtually everyone. Welcome aboard and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
136 Posts
caliman73 said:
Hello all, The 111 might be a good one for the wife although I am not too sure about the DAO.
I have a PT111 Mil Pro..

it's SA/DA, not DAO!

I love it..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ooops, by the way, that PT111 of mine is a "3rd Generation" - I believe earlier models -were- DAO!?

Right, folks??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for the welcome. Thanks Tim. I did not know the 111 pro was a sa/da. That is great to hear. Gotta really start saving those pennies.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Welcome from Stillwater OK!

The 3 Rd Gen Mil. Pro's (current gen) are all SA/DA. Taurus still lists some of them as DAO.

I have the PT-145. Love it. Great size and feel especially for a .45!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts