Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if in the next few years the 24/7 and the OSS will merge into one line.
Just speculating, but from a business standpoint it makes a lot of sense.
The OSS gives you the whole gambit of carry options, C&L or DA/SA

I'm also wondering now that Taurus is coming out with the compact 24/7s will the Mill Pros be phased out? Me personally, I would like to see Taurus pick a few auto loader product lines and work on making them perfect instead of having many not so perfect.

Just look for other opinions. Not trying to start a flame war about which product line is better.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I've had the feeling that the Mil Pros will be phased out also with the introduction of the 24/7 compacts. But who knows? If Taurus was to do that I think they would have to offer a polymer grip surface along with the "ribber" since many people prefer the ease of concealed draw with the current Mil Pro.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have still yet been able even to find a 24/7 pro compact in my area.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I wonder what the PT809 will end up replacing? It appears to have all the benefits of short barreled 24/7 OSS an external hammer of the PT92 series all wrapped up into one handy little firearm.

I still haven't found a 24/7 9mm Long Slide in my area, already have the 24/7 9mm Compact.

·
Administrator
18,108 Posts
DRAEGER said:
I wonder what the PT809 will end up replacing?
Basicly, the PT809 has replaced the PT909, which I almost bought. Ended up getting the full size PT24/7 in 9mm instead.

Discontinued Taurus PT909B

The PT809 would actually be an even better replacement if you could actually buy one. Davidsons still had some PT909's in stock, last I checked.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The PT908 was replaced by the PT909 and the PT909 was replaced by the PT911... So the PT 809 will end up replacing the PT911. When will it ever end :)

·
Administrator
18,108 Posts
DRAEGER said:
The PT908 was replaced by the PT909 and the PT909 was replaced by the PT911... So the PT 809 will end up replacing the PT911. When will it ever end :)
Nope! Historically, the PT908 was replaced by the PT911, as the Slide/Barrel asssemblies are very similar, if not the same.

As I have stated above, the PT909 has been replaced by the new PT809. It has been surmised here, by myself and Cimarron, that the entire Metallic Framed PT900 line will be replaced eventually by Poly Framed variants of some sort. (i.e. the PT945 will probably be replaced by a PT845, and a PT911 replaced by a PT811, etc.)

Getting back to the Future of the 24/7 line, I hope that they do continue to make the 24/7 Pro line, as I like my new 9mm 24/7 Pro, quite a lot!

·
Registered
116 Posts
since we are on the topic of the PT 9's anybodys here have or know where to find a PT 957 have wanted one for a while would like some feed back about the gun if anybody owns one. Hopefully one day, ill run into one.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Whirlwind06 said:
I'm wondering if in the next few years the 24/7 and the OSS will merge into one line.
Just speculating, but from a business standpoint it makes a lot of sense.
The OSS gives you the whole gambit of carry options, C&L or DA/SA

I'm also wondering now that Taurus is coming out with the compact 24/7s will the Mill Pros be phased out? Me personally, I would like to see Taurus pick a few auto loader product lines and work on making them perfect instead of having many not so perfect.

Just look for other opinions. Not trying to start a flame war about which product line is better.
What would be the difference between a compact 24/7 and the Mill. Pro.?

·
Registered
21 Posts
So far all I can see is the grip is different, as well as it come with an extended magazine, 15 rounder with a grip extension.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts