Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the day off so a friend and I headed into the mountains for a little shooting. It's been a pretty dry winter so far along Colorado's front range and there's not a lot of snow to deal with. We ended up a few miles outside of Woodland Park on National Forest land. it was a little chilly but not too bad considering it's the middle of January.

We set up a couple of targets and shot at 7 and 15 yards. My friends Ruger P95 performed well...only one FTE out of about 100 rounds of WWB. My PT809 ate up everything I fed it...50 rounds of Federal 115gr FMJ, 50 rounds of Freedom Munitions 115gr FMJ, and 50 rounds of Freedom Munitions 115gr JHP. It had been a few months since I had been out shooting and it took a few rounds to get warmed up. Once I got rolling I had one of my best days yet. My groups were tight and I was very happy with the gun, the ammo and my aim.

I also brought along my Marlin 39A Golden along and spent a little time getting the scope dialed in. We backed up to about 30 yards and had some cheap fun with the .22. The ol' Marlin performed well and was more fun to shoot this time than the first time I took it out. We shot about 75 rounds and it never hiccuped...not bad for a 50 year old rifle! I have been thinking about selling the Marlin and either picking up a compact pistol or an AR but I'm having second thoughts after today. It's so cheap to shoot and could be a lot of fun at longer distances (and in warmer weather). Maybe I'll have to sell my guitars to help finance a new purchase instead...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I have visited Colorada twice in my lifetime, and sure would like to live out there, or up in Wyoming.

Sounds as if you and your friend had a great day.:thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts