Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have an issue with their mag rattling when it is loaded? One of mine is rattling. I guess I should take it apart or call them!

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
If you take a look at the Millenium Pro posts or smithing this was just discussed this week, in the PT's. Apparently it is not an uncommon occurance. Try smacking the full mag against the palm of your hand to see if it helps seat the shells. Also if it only does it when full, and not when the top round is out.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=4987.0

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm.. its might not affect anything. However, if one is rattling and the other isnt... then I want both to not rattle! LOL. I think I might take it apart and see whats up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
it's not a problem. just seems to be a quirk of the double-stack mag. when it's fully loaded, the rounds line up in such a way that they're all forced against each other except for one round. this round doesn't have the other rounds touching it with any pressure, so it wiggles back and forth. on my pt140, it seems to be round 8 or 9.

it might actually be round 10, as the follower is forced against round 9 and isn't putting pressure on round 10. round 8 is pressing against round 9, so it doesn't press against round 10. if you take one round out, the geometry changes and all rounds are touching each other.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
My Keltec does the same when it has 8 to 10 rounds in it. It holds ten. I've heard of guys that just take a pliers and GENTLY squeeze the mag at the bottom. Just a little at a time. I only load mine to 8 then chamber one so no noise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
it seems quite normal, both of my 45 acp clips do it and one of my wifes 40s&w clips does it. no worries, just the nature of the beast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts