Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

First time post from someone new to forums. I haven't yet purchased a Taurus and was hoping for some insight prior.

Taurus doesn't post every dimension on their website, and I can't find a single pt111 g2 to handle to find this answer.

How tall is the gun and what is the width? Taurus shows length, barrel length, and weight unloaded.

For a concealed carry gun this seems like important info to leave out.

Anyone have one they could measure or if you've found dimensions somewhere that would be awesome.

I currently have a sig sauer p250 compact that I feel is too big to conceal without the grip printing and I don't feel comfortable with the gun as my edc. I have narrowed it down somewhat in my search to the pt111 g2, the glock 26 and the Springfield xds and Taurus would be first choice but I am unwilling to just buy it in the hopes that it is a better fit for me.

Hopefully joining the ranks of Taurus owners soon,
Michael

·
Registered
913 Posts
Jeff Quinn over at Gunblast just did a writeup/video on this pistol, including all the dimensions. I could take mine out and measure it, but these look accurate

Taurus PT-111 Millennium G2 Compact 9x19mm Semi-Automatic Pistol

I've put a few boxes of FMJ through mine at the range, and I am a fan. Great fit, manageable recoil (especially for a conceal gun. Got rid of my PT740 for this, big improvement in recoil and mag capacity)

If you want a comparison, I'd say it is a much more affordable M&P Shield

Reactions: xDarthWonkax

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Jeff Quinn over at Gunblast just did a writeup/video on this pistol, including all the dimensions. I could take mine out and measure it, but these look accurate

Taurus PT-111 Millennium G2 Compact 9x19mm Semi-Automatic Pistol

I've put a few boxes of FMJ through mine at the range, and I am a fan. Great fit, manageable recoil (especially for a conceal gun. Got rid of my PT740 for this, big improvement in recoil and mag capacity)

If you want a comparison, I'd say it is a much more affordable M&P Shield

Welcome to the forum, Felix, and many thanks for sharing the link to Jeff Quinn's discussion and demonstration of the Taurus Millennium G2 PT111.

My Millennium G2 is delightfully dependable and is an excellent carry gun.

Reactions: xDarthWonkax

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hi Michael,

We are pleased to have you join this great forum.

You can search high and low, and you’ll not find a firearms forum that has as many knowledgeable and friendly folks as the ones who share their friendship and handgun knowledge here at TaurusArmed.net!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta admit if this type of community is what I'd have for support it's definitely a mark in the PRO column for Taurus. Glad to be here. Hopefully soon I'll be a Taurus owner and not just shopper.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out right now!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taurus Millennium (pt111) G2

Length: 6.24" (3.28" barrel)
Height: 5.1"
Width: 1.22" (at the widest)
Weight with mag: 21.3oz

Sig Sauer p250 compact

Length: 7.2" (3.9" barrel)
Height: 5.1"
Width: 1.3"
Weight with mag: 26.9oz

Mainly wanted anyone else searching for dimensions to find it in a thread named for it, but also as a comparison this isn't much different from my sig.

Anyone by chance have both? Really thought I'd see a bigger difference in the numbers...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The weight and length are the biggest gaps, I'm just not sure if that will translate to more concealibility. I'm sure I'll like the trigger pull better, since the sig is 6.5lb pull, vs the taurus at 6.3lb on the double action but only 5.2 on the single action.

The 9mm will surely be more easily controlled than my .40

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Im so impressed with my PT111 G2.....I find it easy to carry, reliable,accurate and very controllable....mine has been flawless through over 300 rounds of mixed grain,fmj and jhp.......

And welcome to the best gun forum on the net!

·
Registered
29,897 Posts
To mtlissner, post 4 and Felix, post 1...

Welcome aboard from
Florida the "GunShine" state.

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks all! Been lurking since I bought that 740 Slim last year. And while it was 100% reliable and was the size I wanted for carry, I never liked shooting it regardless of Houge or Pachmayr grips. LOVE this PT111 G2! Was going to wait for the G2 in .40, but Taurus has a habit of never delivering on announced items (see under "extended magazine for the PT740").

Great forum community here, glad to join in.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Welcome aboard Felix, welcome Mtl.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The 1.22" width of the G2 is because of the safety. Tje grip and actual width of the gun is 1" even at the slide and 1.08" at the grip respectively. The. Other demensions are just about identical to a XDs. Length is identical and its only slightly taller due to the pinkey extension.
The G2s grip is MUCH more comfortable than a XDs imo and the traction on it is the best polymer stippling ive ever felt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to know! Thanks! An inch at the grip isn't so bad since that's all that protrudes from the holster anyhow

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well... I'm liking what I see with this pistol. Grice's in Clearfield, PA has them for $329. I may just have to pick one up.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I am shocked theyre <$350 pistols. I love love looove mine. And its just as nice as the $500+ subs. The saying its too good to be true and you get what you pay for, is not always fact.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wish at least one store here had one! From Eugene to Portland (Oregon) I haven't been able to find one! One place said they used to and sold at 389.99 and another carries only the .40 caliber.

Very jealous for you finding one for 329!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts