Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

Finally had the time to really break her in. 500 plus shots later, here are some of my thoughts-

1- REally accuate with my handloads- 185 lscw over 4.7 grains of titegroup
2- Best group from sandbags at 18 yards was about the size of a half dollar- 6 shots
3- I could probably get it to shoot at well as my M&P full size if the trigger was better
4- At 18 yards with the 8's she shot about 1.5 inches high, at 12 o'clock....perfect- no need to change sights
5- good lord how do I lighten the trigger- I took my M&P with the Apex trigger kit along too- i measures exactly 3.2 lbs pull...the 745 is about 1.5 times that, with noticable creep- i am a trigger fanatic.

So all in all thrilled, if i can figure out a good drop in trigger kit, or get her worked over....does she use the same system as a 24/7? and if so does anyone know of an aftermarket kit?

I know, its a carry gun, but I live for a good trigger...

All said, HAPPY first time taurus owner

Chris

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day at the range, but hang on someone will come along with an idea for your trigger!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Glad that you are happy with your very first Taurus handgun. :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been looking over the trigger assembly- this is my CC gun, and dont want to mess with the reliability, but has anyone polished up the trigger to make the creep go away?

Thanks

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts